xxxx

Lightbulb Newby forumer

New to the forum. When can I join groups? Advice welcomed

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by nerby View Post
    New to the forum. When can I join groups? Advice welcomed
    Welcome aboard, @nerby.

You can join groups and access other forums and features once your account graduates past the "new member" status. Details:

New, fully registered, fully activated accounts. Some, but not all features of the site become read/write, others which were hidden or restricted become visible (read-only), and yet others remain unavailable. Unfortunately, we must limit the features available to New Members, as such, in order to mitigate the potentially disruptive impact of bots, trolls and other such nuisance accounts.

("Vested") Member
    A membership is automatically promoted to "vested" status after both conditions are true:
    1. 50 Counted Posts are made.
    2. 14 days have passed since the account was fully activated (since first established as a "New Member")

... after which all features of the site become fully accessible, read-write.
    See more at the Membership wiki page.

Type
    INTP
    Hello! Welcome to the land of paragraphs! Though it's a tainted victory as we don't get indentation, just enough characters to use blank lines as delimiters.

Dunno why no one has bothered to solve the issue of the tab key being loaded for focus shift in web browsers, but no one has.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    I'm not sure anyone really uses groups. Don't go getting your hopes up.
    “Words bend our thinking to infinite paths of self-delusion, and the fact that we spend most of our mental lives in brain mansions built of words means that we lack the objectivity necessary to see the terrible distortion of reality which language brings.” ― Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Type
    xxxx
    Welcome!

Banned
    Type
    xxxx
    (I'm not sure anyone really uses groups. Don't go getting your hopes up. Shepherd)

ah, dashed to pieces now
    Last edited by nerby; 11-27-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Banned
    Type
    xxxx
    Thanks for the welcome!

Banned
    Type
    xxxx
    Very helpful

Banned
    Type
    xxxx
    Since I am a newby here, is it considered tabu to post on old threads? I find many interesting and funny.

Senior Member Snake Champion
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by nerby View Post
    Since I am a newby here, is it considered tabu to post on old threads? I find many interesting and funny.
    Only slightly. Some are still fresh, but some are totally dead, the philosophy section for example. A lot of buried classics. It's up to you.