Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have nothing against the Chinese, but...

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Chinese girls are nice and all, but I get the impression that they would give me a bit of a mao tse tung.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Being offended is the whitest most american thing ever
    I was just feeling angry over this!

hab sum paynis interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    ISTP
    You'd see this a lot where I grew up for a time, in the Bay Area (SF). My Dad got in touch with his Chinese King Fu roots for 15 years and even won a national martial arts grand championship in the 80's... It would seem that an affinity for martial arts films, cheap Asian take-out, equanimity, and naturopic/apothecary practices tend to get picked up by association in such circles. *Sniff* what I wouldn't do for some Gan Mao Ling right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    The smell of the ocean ... makes me gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I was just feeling angry over this!
    You mean offended? It's ok I get offended too when people get offended. It's not really the feeling offended that counts is it, it's the meta-layer at which it occurs

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Trick or treat?

I don't mind the soy sauce, just hold the MSG.

You'd think with all their colorful fireworks...etc.

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just got this belt from China. How can an INTP make himself blend when his belt is shiny? I thought I'd be ahead of the game with a web belt and a plastic buckle but now my waist area will shine more than anyone's!

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I was at the hotel shuttle bus stop at San Francisco airport recently and there were a lot of the Chinese about (aren't there always!)
    Some whiny sounding woman who was trying to use the phone as though you had to call the shuttle spoke to her male companion and it sounded like she had a speech impediment, it was like "shur-shur-shuRR-sure-SHURRR" I was internally like WHAT!? WTF was that? - was that speaking?
    It sounded like a knock off, foreign version of George from UK TV kids show, "rainbow"

I figured she must be just repeating something like "tired" but then the husband says something back to her in SHUR-SHUR tongue.
    I wonder if they were from something like the China equivalent of Sunderland, or Kentucky.

Also; they don't know how to queue you know, the Chinese. That's why they will never rule the earth.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I just got this belt from China. How can an INTP make himself blend when his belt is shiny? I thought I'd be ahead of the game with a web belt and a plastic buckle but now my waist area will shine more than anyone's!
    There are some great ties to be had from China on eBay lately. I don't know how they can turn out a quality tie for $1.50 and free shipping. Talk about subsidized business. The government must be just picking up the tab for shipping to the US.
    They're like feeders, just gorging us full on tat.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    The government must be just picking up the tab for shipping to the US.
    USPS is apparently picking up a bit of the tab as well. I bought a torch mount for my .22 from Aliexpress which cost about $1.20 posted. You couldn't even buy the packaging it came in for that, let alone the postage (the "3,000 lumen" torch I bought cost about $10.00).

I saw a highly recommended German made lighting system for mountain biking that cost €300. I bought something similar from Aliexpress for $20.00

There is no amount of taxes or tariffs that would make it not worth buying from China.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Here's me with pretty little flowers and my shiny belt.

I got the cell phone case and malice clips from Ebay too. Case from China for like $4, clips from US for typical price.

I bought two decent cheap ties from Ebay a few years ago. I tried a burn test to see if one of them was real silk but the test was inconclusive and I didn't want to cut off any more material. It's too hard to identify silk with a microscope but I've used it to identify the wool and cotton in an old suit.