Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not INTP or just not me?

Type
    intp
    I used to get donuts and then eat them while walking through the store, as if I intended to pay at the till, but then didn't. #FirstWorldAnarchist

Sometimes I'd panic that the cameras would see my empty donut wrapper at the self checkout line though, so I'd ring myself up for the donut anyway.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

Type
    INxP
    We already have an INTP or just me thread btw just in case y'all be wondering if something is INTP or just you.

We'll have a Not INTP or just me once Ptah gets around to the thread split.

As for INTP or just not me, well, tough luck I guess.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    I used to get donuts and then eat them while walking through the store, as if I intended to pay at the till, but then didn't. #FirstWorldAnarchist

Sometimes I'd panic that the cameras would see my empty donut wrapper at the self checkout line though, so I'd ring myself up for the donut anyway.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I saw someone do it once and after that I did it twice, both times while I was on line. Once with a drink and once with a box of tissues.
    My friends are Lurker, Dot, Lud, highlander, interprétation erronée, and Tlalocone. I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended. 10/2/2016 Edit: if you make your avatar a picture of my foot or feet for 30 days (45 days for GnarlFox and kali), I will accept your friend request. Send me a Notice of Intent so I can start the clock.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The vast majority of otherwise civilized people wouldn't do that.
    I'm curious why you think why not?
    Or to be more specific, do you think it's uncivilised to do that?

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    once with a box of tissues.

Type
    INxP
    Like if I'm in a taxi and the driver leaves their indicator on even though they're not actually gonna turn any time soon and it continues and continues and continues and continues and continues and the slight irritation builds and builds and builds and builds and builds and builds and builds and builds but I still cannot summon the chutzpah to tell them to turn the fucking thing off.

Not INTP or just not me?

Type
    INTx
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    I'm curious why you think why not?
    Or to be more specific, do you think it's uncivilised to do that?
    I hardly ever see that occur. Makes me think that the norm is waiting to consume until after completing the purchase. Using @BarIII's example, when you're thirsty and have an immediate need to blow you nose, it takes some self control to wait to drink and to blow your nose. Practicing self control to conform to social norms is civilized.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Practicing self control to conform to social norms is civilized.
    Ah but practicing self control is the means, not the ends, right?

Maybe put another way, like societal norms change, like now it's okay in the US for black people and white people to sit beside each other on a bus, and that's now considered civilised.
    So the question would be: do you think the notion of being civilised is fluid and a reflection of the times (like societal norms) or that it's something more fixed?
    If so, would you consider civilisation to be more civilised than, say, the 50's?
    Or perhaps, would you not consider breaking/questioning some societal norms as a potential bridge to the civilisation of the future?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just remembered I did it with a drink twice. One time it was carbonated and I shook it by accident and everyone saw what I was doing when it sprayed all over me. With the tissues, my nose was running pretty badly and the line was slow and it was just National Wholesale Liquidators.
    My friends are Lurker, Dot, Lud, highlander, interprétation erronée, and Tlalocone. I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended. 10/2/2016 Edit: if you make your avatar a picture of my foot or feet for 30 days (45 days for GnarlFox and kali), I will accept your friend request. Send me a Notice of Intent so I can start the clock.