End to all organised religion?
    Legalising all drugs?
    Outlawing emoticons?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Free education.

Ample library and greenspace.

I don't see a point in organised religion or team sports but I think I'm too NP to want to force my ideas on other people. Though it would be nice to not have to hear about them.

Type
    INTP
    1. Make philosophy and critical thinking required components in early education
    2. Expand student exchange programs (compulsory?) to develop the sphere of cultural understanding and consideration, and to foster an appreciation for the beauty & diversity in the world
    3. Separate creative arts in schooling from educational metrics
    4. Radical shift towards transparency & accountability in government, introduce anti-corruption measures and reduce corporate influence in legislation
    5. Implement technocratic elements into government, whereby policy is determined by experts in the relevant field

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    1. Make philosophy and critical thinking required components in early education
    I like. In an ideal world, everyone's choices will be informed choices. To that end I'd add the subjects:

Politics and economics. Basically, learn how society works.
    Comparative religion. People are going to be religious (or not); they can at least choose the best one for themselves.
    "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is reality. Your cries do not move me." -- Sistamatic

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    A planned economy, which adjusts production to the needs of the community, would distribute the work to be done among all those able to work and would guarantee a livelihood to every man, woman, and child. The education of the individual, in addition to promoting his own innate abilities, would attempt to develop in him a sense of responsibility for his fellow men in place of the glorification of power and success in our present society.

- Albert Einstein
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    planned economy
    isn't that like a contradiction in terms?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    isn't that like a contradiction in terms?
    Not really.

It's just a demonstrably terrible idea.

You can plan an economy (planning is a part of any economy, just usually done independently by many different people planning many different things).

You just can't "centrally" plan an economy without ending up with an economy that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INTP
    An end to Multiculturalism. Protecting and celebrating the rituals and practices of a people just because they exist is a waste of time and resources. Instead, society should be designed efficiently. That means shaving off the fat, even in our own culture. The liberal value of pluralism, when applied to culture, values, and institutions, just creates more inefficiency. For example, we should despise Latin Americans for their lack of punctuality and industriousness, not celebrate it. Moreover, our own culture could do without wasteful rituals like weddings.

Type
    intp
    -Luxury economy. Capitalism would exist, but only with regards to non-essentials. People would have to work a certain percentage their lives/time doing necessary work, and the rest of their time could be spent at their discretion.
    -Planned cities and infrastructure. As much as possible would be state of the art, with highly accessible/reliable public transportation options.
    -Education emphasizes liberal arts more to begin with (e.g. @Deckard's point). 4-5 year public service requirement at 18, after which free elective upper education becomes available.
    -Minimal immigration restrictions, but also high requirements to conform with cultural norms. Religious participation would be permitted, but children would be required to attend secular schools, religious rituals such as circumcision would be forbidden, no legal recognition of religious marriages, comprehension of the primary spoken language would be required, etc.
    -Lottery based government, with participation treated the same way all public works involvement is. Government officials would be administrators compensated the same as manual laborers.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

Type
    xxxx
    Universal Basic income
    Free College
    Mandatory Exchange Student Programs in Elementary Middle School
    Required Homelessness for a couple weeks for high school graduation
    Meditation Rooms at work(a few startups have this already)
    Free Psychotherapy