Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type compatibility (according to answers on OkCupid)

Type
    INTP
    I've recently been on a date with an INTP guy..

Pros: Not a retard. Logical. Efficient. Low maintenance. Gets dorky/geeky shit. Health concious. Understands silence is used for thinking.

Cons: Mirrored me, a lot. Don't think I didn't notice!. Too low maintenance? I like my guys to look a wee bit dapper... Too logical? Stop analyzing everything, that's my job.. and stop correcting me, I'm not accustomed to it!

Haha.. I dunno.. we're very alike, but I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing just yet.
    "One need not destroy one's enemy. One need only destroy his willingness to engage"

- Sun Tzu

Type
    INxx
    On a serious note, I'm clinically tested as INTJ but Nardi said I'm INFP with a pretty strong Te and well used Ne....so whatevs.

I notice I'm strongly attracted to INTXs, specifically someone with strong introverted thinking. It just keeps the conversation interesting. I dated an INFJ once, it was intellectually satisfying. We could talk about life for hours on end. Yet it was also the most emotionally exhausting relationship ever. I assumed it was the level of emotional maturity we have had then. Looking back, I realized I was oftentimes inconsiderate of his feelings. Being in relationship with someone on the spectrum certainly gives you perspective.

Type
    XNTP
    Where were you clinically tested. As most professionals see mbti as little more than quackery. I don't necessarily agree because unlike say a horoscopes or other such thing mbti is directly related to a person understanding of themselves. It's not perfect because it based off 16 ideal states that people don't fit into perfectly. But it is certainly an interesting starting point to self actualization.

Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by AntisocialENTP View Post
    Where were you clinically tested. As most professionals see mbti as little more than quackery. I don't necessarily agree because unlike say a horoscopes or other such thing mbti is directly related to a person understanding of themselves. It's not perfect because it based off 16 ideal states that people don't fit into perfectly. But it is certainly an interesting starting point to self actualization.
    In a psych lab, included in a battery of tests. Was done for academic purposes under a clinical setting. I think "clinically tested" was a more defined way of differentiating it from online shit.

Depends on what kind of "professionals" we're talking here, I think you meant psychologists. Yes, compared with the Big Five, MBTI still fall short in getting the scientific community's approval. However, MBTI is still a widely used (popular) personality test in schools and at work. I personally think it can be used as a framework for how individuals behave in teams but unethical to use in assessing an individual's capacities in general. I agree it's interesting and I personally used it to better understand other people, not put them in boxes.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I've recently been on a date with an INTP guy..

Pros: Not a retard. Logical. Efficient. Low maintenance. Gets dorky/geeky shit. Health concious. Understands silence is used for thinking.

Cons: Mirrored me, a lot. Don't think I didn't notice!. Too low maintenance? I like my guys to look a wee bit dapper... Too logical? Stop analyzing everything, that's my job.. and stop correcting me, I'm not accustomed to it!

Haha.. I dunno.. we're very alike, but I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing just yet.
    Where did you meet? Was it on OkCupid? If so, then what were your match percentages, and based on how many questions?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    Where did you meet? Was it on OkCupid? If so, then what were your match percentages, and based on how many questions?
    On a MBTI forum

Erm, he said he was Buffy & Evanescence fan.

I based our match on that, pretty much

Plus the fact he's an NT, and he reckons he's read enough of my attitude to decide he that be could handle it... So.. we'll see.. I could probably say more, but there's a fair chance he'll read this at some point.

Note to future self: Don't date people from forums that you use! (weird crossover)
    Last edited by Sinny; 06-20-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    "One need not destroy one's enemy. One need only destroy his willingness to engage"

- Sun Tzu

Type
    xNTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    On a serious note, I'm clinically tested as INTJ but Nardi said I'm INFP with a pretty strong Te and well used Ne....so whatevs.

I notice I'm strongly attracted to INTXs, specifically someone with strong introverted thinking. It just keeps the conversation interesting. I dated an INFJ once, it was intellectually satisfying. We could talk about life for hours on end. Yet it was also the most emotionally exhausting relationship ever. I assumed it was the level of emotional maturity we have had then. Looking back, I realized I was oftentimes inconsiderate of his feelings. Being in relationship with someone on the spectrum certainly gives you perspective.
    Did Dario hook you up to his EGG machine? I very nearly went to the last BAPT conference over here in the UK to have a go on it. Alas, time / family commitments. Cool guy, though - I've spoken to him a few times in the past. Certainly knows his shit.

I've been tested by x2 practitioners which I'd regard as 'top tier'. They both concluded INTJ; the fact that I argued tooth and nail with the both of them over a period of months apparently further demonstrates this preference...

I dunno, though. The older and hopefully better integrated I get, the more the 'x' within the 'xNTJ' beneath my avatar makes sense to me. Some days I wake up and can Te my arse off all day long; the very next I can whimsically billow about on the internal winds of my Ni.

Meh. If there's one thing I learned during my exploration of the MBTI, it's that we should take the type code with a pinch of salt. Certainly we have an MO, but overall there is such a large degree of fluidity to us that we can be hard to pin down. I know that is utterly banal to say, but a great many in these communities tend to lose sight of that very simple fact.
    Last edited by pmj; 06-20-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    Meh. If there's one thing I learned during my exploration of the MBTI, it's that we should take the type code with a pinch of salt. Certainly we have an MO, but overall there is such a large degree of fluidity to us that we can be hard to pin down. I know that is utterly banal to say, but a great many in these communities tend to lose sight of that very simple fact.
    This is very close to my personal take on things. When I fist started I was much more fanatical about it as many of the descriptions I read of INTP seemed to nail key points of my identity however, further research and some soul searching I am not most comfortable with with the xNTP type.

That being said its seems to me that MBTI is most effect as a self evaluation indicator. When we use it to type others we seem to error more often (mostly, because most people only show the person they want to be and this mask is often not the person they truly are). The problem with both work and relationship testing is that we are trained to take test by looking for the answer the person giving the test wants. Not necessary the answer we believe to be true. This leads to many confusing and not accurate test in these settings.