View Poll Results: How do you view Obama's presidency *overall*?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very positive: one of the best US presidents in history

2 10.00%
  • Positive: one of the better presidents the US has had in recent history

3 15.00%
  • Slightly Positive: overall, more positives than negatives

4 20.00%
  • Neutral: meh OR positives and negatives quite balanced overall

4 20.00%
  • Slightly negative: overall, more negatives than positives

1 5.00%
  • Negative: one of the worst presidents the US has had in recent history

2 10.00%
  • Very negative: one of the worst US presidents in history

2 10.00%
  • Undecided/don't know

0 0%
  • This poll is shit. Thanks Obama.

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Legacy

Type
    INxP

Obama's Legacy

Yes he could. Or could he? Did he?

What do you think were the main achievements of Obama's administration? What were the main failures?

How will he (and his administration) go down in history?

Any nostalgic vids? Any not-so-nostalgic vids?

Type
    intp
    I don't think we'll know what his achievements will be for 20 years. I think one of the biggest will be the contrast between him and the orange thing. Should wake a few people up.

Type
    INtP
    I am planning to track Trump/Republican's first 100 days in a separate thread that is already started. For comparison, Obama's first 100 days:
    *Strict ethical guidelines on day 1, including pay freeze for White House staff making more than 100k a year, and tougher rules about lobbyists in the administration
    *tries to close Gitmo (nope), bans torture other harsh interrogation measures
    *overturns ban on giving federal funds to international groups who provide abortion
    *comprehensive stimulus package as 2008 was in the midst of a huge economic recession (began proposing measures, eventually passed it in a month with 0 House R and 3 Senate R)
    *set auto emission and fuel efficiency standards (signed off on state applications, it appears)
    *Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
    *some of his appointees run into trouble for not paying taxes in past years (daschle, geithner). Daschle resigns. Obama also has appointed at least three Republicans in positions in his Cabinet
    *announces a 500,000 pay cap for executives whose firms received federal bailout funds, after backlash that Wall Street employees gave themselves 18 billion in bonuses after getting federal $$
    *creates a White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
    *Obama reasurres public TARP funds will be used for some mortgage relief, bankers threw a hissy fit when Geithner delayed the unveiling of plan for the use of 350b in TARP funds, stocks took plunge
    *Sec State Clinton goes on Asian diplomacy tour, taking hard line on North Korean nukes
    *Obama again announces publicly there will be 75b for mortgage recovery/relief, CNBC broker goes off on the President on TV

MY BAD this only takes you to the end of Day 31

Type
    Xxxx
    Very negative like all US presidents in history.
    ni patrie ni patron

Type
    INTP
    Well, we're not all dead. That's a pretty good achievement. We're not in a great depression (although we might be on the verge). There haven't really been any disasters and as far as i know he's done what he was supposed to... so I guess that's a good job.

I mean, in order to really evaluate good or bad, you need to compare it to how the world ought to look right now.

I will say I prefer him to bush though.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Military intervention in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, reactivating the long-dead Fourth Fleet after like 60 years, giving his blessings to the coupmongers in Honduras and the institutional coups in Brazil and Paraguay and, oh, yeah, destabilizing Venezuela, pretending to be a friend of Cuba's while he keeps Guantanamo open for business, persecuting Snowden, deporting more people than any other president, all in all putting a friendly face on imperialism which is the worst you can possibly do to imperialism - fuck off Obama and good riddance.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    Xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Military intervention in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, reactivating the long-dead Fourth Fleet after like 60 years, giving his blessings to the coupmongers in Honduras and the institutional coups in Brazil and Paraguay and, oh, yeah, destabilizing Venezuela, pretending to be a friend of Cuba's while he keeps Guantanamo open for business, persecuting Snowden, deporting more people than any other president, all in all putting a friendly face on imperialism which is the worst you can possibly do to imperialism - fuck off Obama and good riddance.
    Perfectly said, especially the part anout putting a feiendly face to imperialism, if you look at the poll no one gives a shit he's a war criminal that intentionally committed attocities that affected tens of millions of people, i mean dude is likable with a charming family, that's what really matters.
    Let's not forget his big bank bailouts and extending the 2008 crisis while pretending it's all over, which resulted in donald trump.
    ni patrie ni patron

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    Perfectly said, especially the part anout putting a feiendly face to imperialism,
    You should like trump then. Whether he decides to be an imperialist or not, at least he won't be giving it a pleasant face.

Type
    Xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by P-O View Post
    You should like trump then. Whether he decides to be an imperialist or not, at least he won't be giving it a pleasant face.
    Are you saying i should like an imperialist with an unpleasant face because i oppose imperialism?
    ni patrie ni patron

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    Are you saying i should like an imperialist with an unpleasant face because i oppose imperialism?
    Because you oppose imperialism with a pleasant face even more. Things are moving in the right direction at least.

It's just a joke.