Thread: Describe what you are listening to.

Type
    INFP

Describe what you are listening to.

I fucking hate threads composed entirely of YouTube videos without comment. Why are you listening to said music???

I've been listening to the same two metalcore albums ad nauseam for the last six months to drown out people's verbal diarrhea when I hang out in public. It takes up very little mental bandwidth and is consistently noisy enough to drown out background blather. The tunes also aren't catchy enough to impose on my internal monologue. Maybe I should just get some noise cancelling headphones.

The albums are 'A Profound Hatred of Man' by Shai Hulud (a Dune reference) and 'Death Knows Your Name' by the Hope Conspiracy. Shah Hulud mostly.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    The albums are 'A Profound Hatred of Man' by Shai Hulud (a Dune reference) and 'Death Knows Your Name' by the Hope Conspiracy. Shah Hulud mostly.

Whoah, blast from the past.

I know I used to own albums by both of those bands something like ~15 years ago. Definitely APHOM from Shai Hulud; I forget which one(s) I had from Hope Conspiracy.

Pretty good shit as I recall, but I believe I haven't so much as thought of either of them in quite a number of years. Maybe I'll need to go revisit them soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.