Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home remedies

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I keep forgetting to get me some of that.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

No Thank You
    Type
    INFP
    Coconut oil as a substitute for conditioner

Type
    INTP
    One time I made a weed pipe out of a potato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    intp
    A hot toddy does wonders for a sore throat. Was used as a home remedy growing up, still use it as an adult.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I actually discovered my sores are not cold sores but actually canker sores. So we don't really know what causes canker sores but in my case i think it's usually stress. Now I'm seeing that eating a lot of acidic stuff can also trigger them, and I've been eating more oranges than usual lately.

I've given up on trying to treat them anymore, since treatments are painful and don't seem to accelerate healing. But if anyone has any great ideas I might give them a try.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I actually discovered my sores are not cold sores but actually canker sores. So we don't really know what causes canker sores but in my case i think it's usually stress. Now I'm seeing that eating a lot of acidic stuff can also trigger them, and I've been eating more oranges than usual lately.

I've given up on trying to treat them anymore, since treatments are painful and don't seem to accelerate healing. But if anyone has any great ideas I might give them a try.
    Acidophilus always worked well for me.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I've had a lot of migraines recently and I only just realized it could be my new pillow.

Type
    INTP
    I'm always fighting with my pillows, it's very rare I can easily find a position that's not straining my neck, and giving me a sore head with the tension.

The only solution I've found is a soft single pillow, keeping my neck and head almost as flat as the bed.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    What's good for bruises? I have like a swollen ankle that is not sprained, just bruised.

And don't say hash oil cause I already know that.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    What's good for bruises? I have like a swollen ankle that is not sprained, just bruised.

And don't say hash oil cause I already know that.
    cold compress? & keep it elevated

when i had particularly bad bruising after a car accident (you might remember that) i got some blood sucked out of my bruised skin via cupping at an acupuncture clinic and i do think that sped up the healing, in terms of appearance anyway. i wouldn’t recommend that necessarily since i don’t have that much personal experience with it. also it’s def not something you could do at home.
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly