INFP
    skyrim

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    skyrim
    I'm back on the skyrim.

They released a new edition, and since I had all the DLC it was delivered to my steam account for free. So of course I had to open it to check it out and see what was different. It's the same game, less buggy, better vanilla graphics. Before I knew it "checking it out real quick" turned into level 32, married with a kid, and I haven't even moved out of Whiterun yet because I'm determined to do all the sidequests instead of focusing on the main quests this time. Since the DLC is incorporated from day one, all the nonessential npcs are being eaten by vampires, and that includes a lot of the merchants in Whiterun. I may be forced to move out of town just to sell stuff conveniently.

But hey, it's better than wasting time on facebook, right?
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic
    Since the DLC is incorporated from day one, all the nonessential npcs are being eaten by vampires, and that includes a lot of the merchants in Whiterun.
    Is there a sidequest to keep that from happening? Haven't played any DLC, but man I do want to pick up Skyrim again.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Is there a sidequest to keep that from happening? Haven't played any DLC, but man I do want to pick up Skyrim again.
    One of the Dawnguard DLC questline trajectories may lead to the elimination of vamps, but I'm not sure. You can also become a vampire. I think you could play this game for the rest of your life and not exhaust the possibilities. What happens is that the townspeople become vampires, and when they are discovered they are killed by the rest of the townspeople.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

@Dot

I've been doing this myself.

I have a love/hate relationship with the internet. I'm down to maybe 20 minutes a day on average, if that. I'll splurge once in a blue moon. But, for me, it's not been too hard to do. But I do feel guilt at the neglect of it? Feels like leaving a pet alone all day without giving it attention in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I was just thinking this while looking at my kindle earlier, sitting on a pile of unread books.
    This on-demand instant gratification has to stop...right after I play one last game while streaming a few videos.
    I've read probably 15 or 20 books since Christmas on my kindle, mostly due to not using internet. (including Netflix etc). Was just telling my daughter how much better books are than TV yesterday. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INtP
    I don't know why thread necromancy is frowned upon.

1) What is doxing?

2) I know that "lol" is out of style, but I feel stupid typing "Haha."

3) I'm overwhelmed by seemingly limitless game choices.

4.) Unless you join a dating site -- NA here -- it's very difficult to meet new people because anonymous chatrooms and forums are pretty rare these days.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I don't know why thread necromancy is frowned upon.
    I know right? (and I always take it as a compliment when someone necromancies one of my threads.)

1) What is doxing?
    broadcasting private/identifying info on the internet so that the victim is sieged by a mass of trolls.

2) I know that "lol" is out of style, but I feel stupid typing "Haha."
    I still send "lol" reps all the time

3) I'm overwhelmed by seemingly limitless game choices.
    if you mean video games, I'd strongly recommend What Remains of Edith Finch. I think you'd like it.