Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wandering Outcast

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    What is that? All I can imagine is that politics is to parapolitics as olympics is to paraolympics. In which case, I'm guessing they don't vote with a show of hands.
    I'm lazy -

Parapolitics is used to describe either covert political activity that is hidden from the public or a complete (de facto) political system, typically comprising elements of the military and intelligence apparatus, hidden from the public; political actions of subterfuge, secrecy, and deceit; and is increasingly used in discussions on democracy to describe the behaviour of the deep state (i.e. coalitions of institutions and corporations who operate above or outside of the elected government).
    Peter Dale Scott employs the term "parapolitics," in a completely different manner, as a manifestation of "Deep Politics":
    "...the investigation of parapolitics, which I defined (with the CIA in mind) as a 'system or practice of politics in which accountability is consciously diminished.'...I still see value in this definition and mode of analysis. But parapolitics as thus defined is itself too narrowly conscious and intentional... it describes at best only an intervening layer of the irrationality under our political culture's rational surface. Thus I now refer to parapolitics as only one manifestation of deep politics, all those political practices and arrangements, deliberate or not, which are usually repressed rather than acknowledged."
    https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Parapolitics

What is that? I could use Google I guess but where's the fun in that.
    Study of anomalous phenomena influenced by Charles Fort
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Fort

You mention that user a lot but we've no clue who you're talking about so you're gonna have to give some context. I'm guessing it's like INTPf's version of JohnClay perhaps?
    It's the name of their forum Skin

5 of the top 10 posters are female, or 11 out of the top 30. /fun-fact-of-the-day
    Ahh.
    Last edited by Sinny; 02-02-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I got married and just couldn't talk her into moving from Miami, to the fuckin' khyber pass of Bordesley Green.
    Don't eat any local food in B8-10 by the way, you'll get sick, it's filthy.

I don't know what Dark Castle is. It sounds like LARPing, or a Steve Jackson choose your own adventure or something. You should give up your aspirations, facebook is killing forums.

I'm your dad.

Did you know there's an Alum Rock district of San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley?
    -no fucking prize for assuming that it's nicer than the original Alum Rock. I like to eat an In n out burger while I work out there.

Boobs? where? I'm a big fan of boobs, but I can't say I've noticed any boob-centric threads. There was once a handbra thread at INTPc. Speaking of boobs, every time 'me auld' classmates post on facebook, it's like a reminder that it's like there's something in the milk in the UK (a bit of growth hormone maybe?) roly-poly bat faced girls with serious bappage.
    But no, I don't think this forum is a dudefest. Lots of annoying, whiny, liberal feminist SJW SJ types about if you ask me.

Are you familiar with the Newtown district?
    Ha, yea, who the fuck would leave Miami for Birmingham?! Haha, ahh.

Okay, I saw like 3 threads with boobs in the title, I exaggerated a bit (I often do), but in comparison to where I've just come from, this forum is like one giant orgy. I'm sure 65% of the other forum are virgins.

I lived in New Town for 6 months last year.. I've just returned to my more rural roots.

I didn't venture too far out, in fact I barely left Wheeler Street - Meh, the locals made me feel welcome enough - fed me loads.

White people are stingy in comparison
    Last edited by Sinny; 02-11-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Ha, who the fuck would leave Miami for Birmingham?! Hahaha, ahhh.
    Okay, I saw like 3 threads with boobs in the title, I exaggerated a bit (I often do), but in comparison to where I've just come from, this forum is like one giant orgy.
    I'm sure 65% of the other forum are virgins.

I lived in New Town for 6 months last year.. I've just return to my more rural roots.
    I didn't venture too far out, in fact I barely left Wheeler Street - Meh, the locals made me feel welcome enough - fed me loads.
    White people are stingy in comparison
    Loads of forums have a stick up their ass. Power corrupts and a lot of admins go all Hitler. In-fact, the admin of INTPc loved Hitler. You should see the INTJ forum, the woman who started that was so humorless, it's like a borg cube with a bunch of bots executing the rules. It's like an online ass penny processing centre.

uh-huh. New Town eh? they started splitting it into two words, thanks a lot immigrants!
    rural? wtf, you must have to go way out of town to find any of that. I don't think I went anywhere rural until I was 16
    Well, I know for a fact that all the white people who lived around wheeler street were very generous when I was a little kid. I raised a lot of money on behalf of the orphans of doctor Barnardo's. Get a Jamaican house and just get a tooth kissing for your trouble. Get Steve McWhitey in his vest and the strong odor of chip butty wafting out behind him and you might get 50p
    "Jesus was not a poof and neither was he married."
    -Guess who

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    My company was planning on moving from Brum from London so I left. Well, that's not exactly the reason why I left but I'm still kind of happy I didn't have to relocate.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    from Brum from London so I left.
    Stuck in the middle?

There was an article on Birmingham in the Indy yesterday. Looks quite nice these days now it's not an industrial wasteland apparently. HS2 when it's finished should make the trip between London and Birmingham relatively quick as well.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    It's the name of their forum Skin
    Try the Darkness profile.

Settings (top) > General Settings (left) > Forum Skin: --Darkness > Save Changes.

edit: just had a look and the layout of INTPf is fucking dreadful. jesus christ, those sigs ... and the jagged user boxes. *shudder*

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Stuck in the middle?

There was an article on Birmingham in the Indy yesterday. Looks quite nice these days now it's not an industrial wasteland apparently. HS2 when it's finished should make the trip between London and Birmingham relatively quick as well.
    Brum's not that bad, really. Some of the suburbs around Brum however...

Though I found my very favourite ugly jumper in the Dudley Salvation Army so there's something.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Brum's not that bad, really. Some of the suburbs around Brum however...

Though I found my very favourite ugly jumper in the Dudley Salvation Army so there's something.
    It was actually the grauniad... Brum is now a tourist hotspot.

sleep? I vaguely remember interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    XXXX
    Did someone say big ( . Y . )'s *drools* ... @Limey, though I'd take a flat chested head turner over your "bat faced" busty countrywomen anyday ... Ahem, hi Sinny, and welcome.
    Sometimes when I yawn I taste pear

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    It was actually the grauniad... Brum is now a tourist hotspot.
    That's where my schoolfriend drowned to at his 2015 Christmas party. Two of my school friends, including my best friend from age 8 have drowned there.
    I would still rather there not be any guardrails though, it would ruin the historic feel of the towpath.
    "Jesus was not a poof and neither was he married."
    -Guess who