Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Thread: I just played..

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    My people keep wanting to play Among Us. I'll go along with it but it's a meh amount of fun for me. I don't get why people, especially women it seems like, enjoy these types of games so much. It seems similar to the Mafia thing people used to play here, and I was never interested in that either. "Somebody I know is lying, but who?" it's like digging around in your backyard for buried poop.
    I am going to play for the first time tonight. Some friends organized a game. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    I am going to play for the first time tonight. Some friends organized a game. I'll let you know my thoughts.
    It was ok. Mostly random at this skill level. I like other deception games but Among Us didn't really excite me much.

Type
    INTP
    All I hear when I hear Among Us is ... MooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.

The game came out in 2018. Nobody gave a fuck until it got popular. Then the me-too herd started its stampede.

Classic moojority dynamics.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I am honestly perplexed about how it became so popular. I've never played it but remember seeing it around, and then suddenly I'm seeing it everywhere. However it happened, it's probably going to be studied for decades in PR training courses.

Type
    INTP
    Just finished Gris on PC/Steam.

A little too pithy of a "story" (if you can call it that) to me, but that aside I enjoyed the slow burn experience of it. The gameplay starts very, very basic but really gets going by the end. However, right when it hits a stride, the game is over. This left me with mixed opinions on the game. I enjoyed it for what it was, but was also ... less than satisfied with the gameplay progression. All that aside, the art style and music, and overall aesthetic production of the game is really very good. Definitely jibes with the overall slow burn aspect of the game.

I'd give it 7.5/10 overall. Needed one more level, or maybe a bonus level, that continued and expanded on what the final gameplay level finally (painstakingly, it seems) got to -- some legit fun, mildly challenging puzzle-like platforming. Needed just a little more payoff for the very slow burn of pithy, atmoshperic-more-than-anything levels prior.

The soundtrack, in and of itself, is an 8/10 surreal, atmospheric sort of thing. I enjoy it on its own, anyhow.

Further, I'd recommend this to casual gamers who want to slowly be easied into a halfway decent, challenging platformer (but only "challenging" by the very end, after a lot of build-up and baby-stepping along the way).

It has a slight bit of replay value, insofar as you don't discover all the hidden collectable-things along the way naturally. (Which, if all collected, open up an extra ending cutscene that much more directly explains the "story" than anything else in the otherwise very abstract, wordless game).

Type
    INTP
    I've been playing some Texas Holdem (?) online with a group of seven or eight other folks. Yea, I'm the guy they invite to increase the pot for the winners. But it's a small pot, so it's okay.

On the other hand, our online monthly trivia team is consistently 1st or 2nd lately (but I'm just the old guy who knows about ancient times before 1980), but the pot here goes to charity, so that's okay too.
    At this point, my drop of ocean water is mostly salt