Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: I just played..

Type
    INTP
    We got the PS3 up and running again so I've been able to play Skyrim.

I'm not fucking around with any dragons. Just working my way around the outskirts, helping those in need, earning gold, acquiring companions, furnishing my homestead.

I play the same way every time. It's not particularly challenging, but it's satisfying.

Might play if through as the dragonborn one of these days, just for fun.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Finished Stick of Truth recently ... charming game. Picked up a few VR games including Superhot, Arizona Sunshine, and BoxVR. BoxVR is pretty good.

Type
    eNTP
    Wilmot's Warehouse is currently on the Epic Games store for free. If you haven't picked it up yet, and Tetris was ever your thing, I recommend it. It's a fun little game of warehouse management. It combines the satisfaction of fitting things into place in an efficient manner with the challenge of deciding what that manner will be, and then remembering it when called on.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INTP
    Horizon Zero Dawn and its DLC, Frozen Wilds, on the PC.

What an amazing accomplishment. 9.75/10

Thankfully I didn't have any of the widely reported problems with the port. All ~80 hours were smooth. And it isn't like I have the most modern setup: i74790, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti.

I indulged in all the sidequests, many of the collectables, and just generally wandered about the world whilst going through the main story at my own pace, organic to/with the exploration and wandering. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Maxxed out at level 60, all the best gear, the best (somewhat game-breaking) armor suit, etc -- all the content done and over... I find myself wanting more,

I guess now I wait for the game'e upcoming sequel, Horizon Forbidden West. First to come out, and then to eventually make it to PC.

Back during HZD's original launch, I bought it for the PS4. Tried to play it. I gave up after just a few hours. The controls just weren't right for me. But on the PC, the controls were perfect and natural. In particular, some of the mid-to-late game frenzied machine fights ... a console controller just doesn't cut it.

The gameplay was great. The story was fun. The world-building and lore was impressive and engaging. Sure, a little predictable here and there, but that's more on me than the writing. Music: great. Art direction, design: amazing.

Yes, more of this, please.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Horizon Zero Dawn and its DLC, Frozen Wilds, on the PC.

What an amazing accomplishment. 9.75/10

Thankfully I didn't have any of the widely reported problems with the port. All ~80 hours were smooth. And it isn't like I have the most modern setup: i74790, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti.

I indulged in all the sidequests, many of the collectables, and just generally wandered about the world whilst going through the main story at my own pace, organic to/with the exploration and wandering. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Maxxed out at level 60, all the best gear, the best (somewhat game-breaking) armor suit, etc -- all the content done and over... I find myself wanting more,

I guess now I wait for the game'e upcoming sequel, Horizon Forbidden West. First to come out, and then to eventually make it to PC.

Back during HZD's original launch, I bought it for the PS4. Tried to play it. I gave up after just a few hours. The controls just weren't right for me. But on the PC, the controls were perfect and natural. In particular, some of the mid-to-late game frenzied machine fights ... a console controller just doesn't cut it.

The gameplay was great. The story was fun. The world-building and lore was impressive and engaging. Sure, a little predictable here and there, but that's more on me than the writing. Music: great. Art direction, design: amazing.

Yes, more of this, please.
    Always nice to see you rave about something.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    I had no trouble with the PS4 controls for HZD. What I didn’t like was the main character, crap story, lame and repetitive and corny world-building, and terrible dialogue. Like I said before, I finished most of the game in Spanish because I was so turned off by the English. My only regret about this was that I didn’t realize that Lance Reddick was in the game, and I love that guys voice (though the Spanish voice actor did a helluva a job trying to mimic it).

Type
    INTP
    HZD is on my to buy list. I don't have a ps4, so I'm waiting for a ps5.

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    PARAGLIDING SIMULATOR
    https://paraglidinglogbook.com/simulator/

wee...

And I finished Soma the other day (one of the few decent length games that I've played from start to finish within a short time frame) and it stands out for me like HL2, Talos Principle, and few other games (I have quite a few.) It's similar to the Alien Isolation game that came out but it takes a more personal effect (much like Talos it's a bit philosophical,) and for some reason my initial assumption about the game is it would not impress me. Also, the game Observer is very similar for a few reasons that may become obvious, just as Talos Principle also suggests contemplation of the meaning of consciousness and the question of existentialism.

For some odd reason I had to look up the combination to some key aspects of the game, and even when I did I still had no clue how they actually got the codes. . . Not sure if I was oblivious or what, and some of the game seems to have a few glitches at times. It still plays like an Indie game.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-21-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Type
    INTP
    My people keep wanting to play Among Us. I'll go along with it but it's a meh amount of fun for me. I don't get why people, especially women it seems like, enjoy these types of games so much. It seems similar to the Mafia thing people used to play here, and I was never interested in that either. "Somebody I know is lying, but who?" it's like digging around in your backyard for buried poop.

Type
    eNTP
    5d Chess With Multi-verse Time Travel

Intensely difficult to get my head around.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.