Page 156 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1641

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    The recent race baiting on the site made me wonder what ever happened to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Are they still active in American politics?
    I'm wondering what's with all the super sensitive white people these days. Who really gives a shit about people making negative or even racist comments about whites? It makes those people seem extraordinarily insecure at best.
    Last edited by NedLudd; 06-13-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Type
    INFP
    btw I should give up on passive aggression, it always ends up with meanings /targets I didn't intend

Type
    INFP
    The last time I said this someone unfriended me, wrote something like "shame on you," and then left the forum for like six months...

but I'll say it again because it's true and relevant. Most people are not immune to trolling. Doesn't mean they'll panic and cry, but it will bore them after a while and they'll see little sense in continuing to contribute. If you aim for having a completely wild space, it will naturally devolve into its own form of "safe space," even without formal regulation. Because trolls will make it so unpleasant for those they troll that many will start to find the place annoying, boring, and frustrating. So they'll leave.

The only way to maintain a community with a truly diverse range of voices is to insist on some degree of moderation. Too much, and you end up with a safe space for snowflakes. Too little and you end up with a safe space for fireballs. Both ways you end up with a depressing noise-signal ratio.

At least that's my theory. But the forum seems to have been improving over the last few months, with the exception of days like yesterday, so maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Edit: and @Lurker I'm sorry if you're really leaving but totally understand, I might do the same if the place devolves again.

Edit 2: already clarified with her but in case anyone else thought the same thing, my passive aggression post wasn't about jigglypuff. Like Lurker I'm running out of bush to beat around so I'll stop there
    Last edited by Blorg; 05-31-2018 at 07:42 AM.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    I thought it was home to an acoustic phenomenon, but turns out that's actually Tulsa, OK.
    whoa, this is really cool

WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    What is it about people here always trying to play Dr Phil...

Edit: oh yeah I guess it is a pop psychology forum

Type
    INTP
    @Sappho

I'll bare that in mind. I've got to chase up the midwives today, still not got an appointment from them and apparently all my bloods should have been checked by now.

Beginning to wonder if I can trust the NHS with anything
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    speaking of fatass cats, this 29 lb cat at my local humane society is all over the news right now for being so fat

chubbs.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    speaking of fatass cats, this 29 lb cat at my local humane society is all over the news right now for being so fat

chubbs.
    That cat is definitely going to be adopted by someone who is obese and keeps the cat obese too to feel better about themself.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    That cat is definitely going to be adopted by someone who is obese and keeps the cat obese too to feel better about themself.
    i was actually imagining a fitness/nutrition freak who needs a project.

i hope this fat cat gets some good care, anyway.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorg View Post
    btw I should give up on passive aggression, it always ends up with meanings /targets I didn't intend
    I remember that thread, "Tell a member what you really think of them/Sort of", I actually really liked it, but all the wrong people would get offended.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao