Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1650

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

  1. #1641
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,549
    I’m in a waiting room right now, watching network tv for the first time in...forever. How long has Murphy Brown reboot been on the air?! One of my favorite shows as a kid.

  2. #1642
    Member Stigmata's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    I’m in a waiting room right now, watching network tv for the first time in...forever. How long has Murphy Brown reboot been on the air?! One of my favorite shows as a kid.
    Didn't we say everything that needed to be said during the original run of Murphy Brown...

    Why don't they ever remake cool shows like Who's The Boss and Benson?

  3. #1643
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,494
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Didn't we say everything that needed to be said during the original run of Murphy Brown...

    Why don't they ever remake cool shows like Who's The Boss and Benson?
    Regarding Benson... "I heeeeeeeaaaaar yooooooooo!"
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

  4. #1644
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Didn't we say everything that needed to be said during the original run of Murphy Brown...

    Why don't they ever remake cool shows like Who's The Boss and Benson?
    How dare you insinuate Murphy Brown isn’t cool?!

    Growing pains > who’s the boss

    Back when Kirk Cameron was considered hot (before his weird Jesus persona came through)

  5. #1645
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    8,422
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post

    Growing pains > who’s the boss
    You didn't!

    I always viewed Growing Pains as a second-rate Family Ties, but watched it anyways.

    The only memorable moment was when Leonardo DiCaprio guest-starred for a few episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

  6. #1646
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,494
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I always viewed Growing Pains as a second-rate Family Ties, but watched it anyways.
    ALF was a second rate Family Ties. Growing pains is somewhere between ALF and Full House.

    I still have no idea how Full House ever developed a fanbase.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

  7. #1647
    wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    4,581
    Growing Pains wins it gave us Ashley Johnson.


  8. #1648
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    8,422
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    ALF was a second rate Family Ties. Growing pains is somewhere between ALF and Full House.

    I still have no idea how Full House ever developed a fanbase.
    Oh no. Alf was in the same cesspit as shows like Charles in Charge, Just the Ten of Us and Perfect Strangers (I wasn't even allowed to watch those, I just discovered them by visiting friends). The difference is that Alf had mass appeal... which is scary.

    I think Full House was very close to the cesspit, but it would have required equal doses of tackiness, stupidity and lameness, and it wasn't quite there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

  9. #1649
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,494
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I think Full House was very close to the cesspit, but it would have required equal doses of tackiness, stupidity and lameness, and it wasn't quite there.
    Full House defined tacky, lame and stupid.

    Alf was a pisstake on E.T.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

  10. #1650
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,494
    INTPx Award Winner
    It's like watching a blind leper chop potatoes into chips. But without the risk of sympathy.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •