Page 159 of 164 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1636

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    I don't.
    You know I checked your tarot website and thought It would be like playing the gouija, maybe revealing mysteries I don't want to know.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Why rent a scooter when you can just drive the handicapped hoverrounds from walmart wherever you want and leave them abandoned once they run out of charge

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Fucking "Reever", practically the INTP version of Justin Bieber.

Faggot, cunt.

@itch feel free to interject at any point.
    What? Who?! What?!!

Wait... what?

what?!

am I late?

WHAT.
    stupid pancakes.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by itch View Post
    What? Who?! What?!!

Wait... what?

what?!

am I late?

WHAT.
    Well late, old man.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Well late, old man.
    Very well then...
    stupid pancakes.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Azathoth was first described by Lovecraft as "Outside the ordered universe that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes."

Though I enjoy the mythos created by lovecraft and I love his way of describing horror, after I had read a few of his stories I started to find them overdramatic. He sort of writes himself into a corner in that everything he describes is the most horrible thing ever. I feel the same way about the Dark Heresy RPG system. After a while you are like, yeah yeah, inconceivable horror dripping with bleeding eyeballs and mind bending impossible angles, gaping maw of endless chaos and torture and blah blah blah, just like the last thing we fought. Should we roll for initiative, or did we just automatically die from looking at it? I play because it's my husband's fav. RPG, but to my mind, it's overly dramatic about the horror of it all. Any nuance is heresy.

Anyway...

When I got totally side-tracked into looking at various tarot decks on the internet I ran across a deck called the Azathoth deck. Pretty cool looking artwork...lots of horror and tentacles rendered in a gilded dramatic fashion, as one might expect from a deck based on a lovecraftian nightmare deity. So I couldn't help but laugh at the reviews that said something along the lines of "well gosh golly this deck was a lot darker than I expected."
    Last edited by Sistamatic; 07-25-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic
    He sort of writes himself into a corner in that everything he describes is the most horrible thing ever.
    This is why everyone else does Lovecraft better than Lovecraft.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    xNxx
    There's only so many times you can Imagine Dagons before you realize the hook is always the same.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    After a while you are like, yeah yeah, inconceivable horror dripping with bleeding eyeballs and mind bending impossible angles, gaping maw of endless chaos and torture and blah blah blah, just like the last thing we fought.
    Heh, honestly this is more or less my opinion of the entire fantasy genre (across all media) ever since an indeterminate point in time where it hit a plateau it has never apparently gotten itself off of, my very rough estimate being that this must have happened somewhere perhaps in the mid-1980's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    Heh, honestly this is more or less my opinion of the entire fantasy genre (across all media) ever since an indeterminate point in time where it hit a plateau it has never apparently gotten itself off of, my very rough estimate being that this must have happened somewhere perhaps in the mid-1980's.
    The genre is definitely in need of a fresh angle or two.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle