Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
I think he's mixing levels.
In the world, I'm an ardent supporter of the labour movement and of caring for the world/environment/disenfranchised/etc. in tangible ways, especially in collective ways.
As an individual, I'm not into being a victim...even as I have been betrayed, exploited, indoctrinated, and otherwise mistreated by various people and institutions. So I advocate for inner peace, and outer right-action.
I mean, I wouldn't advocate for anyone to stay with their abuser...but neither would I support prolonged nursing of one's hurt feelings.

I don't expect to see the 'end' of the possible improvements that can happen in the world, basically...so I pursue them without emotional investment...I pursue them out of the virtue of doing good for its own sake...to improve the lot in life for my fellow man, and for generations to come. I'll reap the benefits of some of that, but not all of it.
But I do expect to max out my own self-improvement during the course of my life...I'm *very* invested in that.

Not participating/being active is imbalance, too.
I don't regard you as Buddhist except for the detachment aspect, hehe. I've also been too busy to get back to the thread lately, but you missed out on a great Che Guevara quote in your last reply to me:

"At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love."

Of course he had the other side too, the anger... but he wouldn't feel one without the other:

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."