Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207
Results 2,061 to 2,067 of 2067

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Well, that's complicated.
    INTPs excel at analyzing complex situations.

Your neighborhood sounds like it has lot of advantages in terms of location and geography, but the threat of being the victim of a violent crime seems to be real and potentially growing so is something that you also need to consider.

Some people might be buying into the neighborhood because of the advantages you have described but this could be because they are unable to accurately predict the future as they lack the ability to see the big picture. If house prices are holding or going up at present, it could represent a good opportunity for you to get out now before they start to fall in future.

I was worried when I heard about your recent experience. Poor people undoubtedly have it tough and I know you are very sympathetic to their plight but there is nothing to be gained by making yourself a martyr.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    INTPs excel at analyzing complex situations.

Your neighborhood sounds like it has lot of advantages in terms of location and geography, but the threat of being the victim of a violent crime seems to be real and potentially growing so is something that you also need to consider.

Some people might be buying into the neighborhood because of the advantages you have described but this could be because they are unable to accurately predict the future as they lack the ability to see the big picture. If house prices are holding or going up at present, it could represent a good opportunity for you to get out now before they start to fall in future.

I was worried when I heard about your recent experience. Poor people undoubtedly have it tough and I know you are very sympathetic to their plight but there is nothing to be gained by making yourself a martyr.
    Guess who splains the shit I just said at me like he thinks I'm 17 and he thinks he's my dad. Yep, it's Tuesday.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!

Type
    INTP
    Guess who splains the shit I just said at me like he thinks I'm 17 and he thinks he's my dad. Yep, it's Tuesday.
    1. The male communication style involves including an analysis.
    2. It can be difficult for males to say some things directly.

=> Get past my mansplaining and read between the lines to work out what I am actually trying to communicate.
    Big change is coming

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    wait wait wait...I wanna see how he jumps through the hoop of explaining how his advice of taking advantage of short-sighted and ignorant strangers wanting to buy into a dangerous neighbourhood for personal financial gain is coming from a position of truth and love...

/it does almost make me want to wrap myself in the Australian flag for some reason...
    // I'm not crying, you're crying...

Type
    INTP
    1. The male communication style involves including an analysis.
    2. It can be difficult for males to say some things directly.

=> Get past my mansplaining and read between the lines to work out what I am actually trying to communicate.
    That you are worried about us because you don't think we put enough thought into where we live/invest after I just explained in great detail how aware we are of the tradeoffs? No, I got that.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Type
    INTP
    That you are worried about us because you don't think we put enough thought into where we live/invest after I just explained in great detail how aware we are of the tradeoffs? No, I got that.
    That's not it. I was trying to say that I am concerned that you may be considering extraneous factors (concern for the community from which any potential violent attacker would likely come from) in what should be a simple personal risk-reward calculation for you and your husband.

Maybe I was wrong and you were merely expressing such a concern but not including it in your risk-reward calculation. Anyway, stay safe.
    Big change is coming

Type
    INTP
    That's not it. I was trying to say that I am concerned that you may be considering extraneous factors (concern for the community from which any potential violent attacker would likely come from) in what should be a simple personal risk-reward calculation for you and your husband.

Maybe I was wrong and you were merely expressing such a concern but not including it in your risk-reward calculation. Anyway, stay safe.
    Don't you worry your pretty little head. I'll be OK, I promise.