Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214
Results 2,131 to 2,132 of 2132

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    More of a little memory from my childhood and teen years growing up in Miami-Dade. I remember the Cuban and Dominican kids used to make fun of many Puerto Ricans for not knowing Spanish, and they made fun of Mexican/Guatemalan/El Salvadorian, etc. kids even worse by saying arrow thrower in Spanish or calling them beaners... Nicaraguense kids from Sweetwater specifically were off limits to roasting for some reason. The American black kids would make fun of Haitian kids by saying they never match, that their heads are big, and other insults usually rooted around voodoo.

It's interesting to see America as White vs. Black whereas when/where I grew up it appeared to be down to specific ethnicity.
    The Hispanics at work are always talking shit about other Hispanics, but I think it's lighthearted ribbing more than anything else.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    More of a little memory from my childhood and teen years growing up in Miami-Dade. I remember the Cuban and Dominican kids used to make fun of many Puerto Ricans for not knowing Spanish, and they made fun of Mexican/Guatemalan/El Salvadorian, etc. kids even worse by saying arrow thrower in Spanish or calling them beaners... Nicaraguense kids from Sweetwater specifically were off limits to roasting for some reason. The American black kids would make fun of Haitian kids by saying they never match, that their heads are big, and other insults usually rooted around voodoo.

It's interesting to see America as White vs. Black whereas when/where I grew up it appeared to be down to specific ethnicity.
    It's only white vs black in the boardrooms of multinational media conglomerates who want simple and easy to understand packaging on their message of fear, hate, consume. America is the most racially diverse country on Earth.