Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1740

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

  1. #1731
    Regular Joe stigmatica's Avatar
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I feel ya. Even worse, I almost never post in other people's but resent that lack of comments mine engenders.
    We should create an attention whore group where we only ever reply to ourselves. Therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

  2. #1732
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,797
    I avoid posting in other people's blogs when I realize I'm either blagging in their blag, or answering questions intended for the blagger, which seems even less polite. The former is oversharing, the latter overbearing. To the degree the former involves rapport building story swapping, I think it's kosher. I've had more difficulty with the latter though because I'm wired to answer questions I think I know the answer to, even if it has sometimes meant being wrong to the point of mild or moderate embarrassment and accruing judgey looks.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

  3. #1733
    Senior Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    4,590
    I presume the people not commenting aren't reading. Which a little voice at the back of my head says probably isn't accurate (so wishful thinking).

    I've grown accustomed to sharing some things with and nattering with some of the members here... Although I'm acutely aware that I'm also openly sharing some things with people I'd prefer not to, but is an inevitable consequence of internet postings.. but we're mostly all fairly anonymous, often having seas separating us, so .. *shrugs*

    And besides mara, I find contributions of people I don't even like to be helpful, or at least stimulating/thought provoking.

    I don't share the same sense of humour as Stig, so don't really partake in his threads/reply to posts.

    I've never understood what Monkeys blog title is even referring to, and I haven't built up a good picture of him from forum posts, so don't really check into his blog (until I saw these posts and went to check out the blog).

    I tend to find Heph either unnecessarily verbose, or quite frank & humourous... But I do zone out with verbosity.

    Only certain people capture my attention.. others just blend into the woodwork,.like suppliment guy.
    Last edited by Sinny; 02-26-2019 at 01:03 AM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

    ~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)


  4. #1734
    Regular Joe stigmatica's Avatar
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    don't share the same sense of humour as Stig, so don't really partake in his threads/reply to posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

  5. #1735
    Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Johnson's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,986
    It's actually a good thing my pen name turns out to be a known politician [Gary Johnson,] because I conceived of writing a political essay today on topics such as the president, a summary of lessons learned from Atlas Shrugged, the failure of socialism and why, how it diminishes production quality for equal fair share, on the nature of collectivism and liberalism, and how conversativism is an affirmation of self, how liberalism has become parasitism, and how Bernie Sanders is basically Elsworth Toohie, an empty shell of a man; written in overview fashion for the newb, yet solidly enough to be a worthy essay, just the definitive zeitgeist of all the liberal bullshit nowdays, hating on the president, equating patriotism as racism, and equating anyone who doesn't agree as stupid, written succinctly enough for all to understand, and hopefully wake up. That's how the protagonist will save the world from socialism and Bernie Sanders. The essay might be interposed in a novel. Maybe a speech. Idk. Someone needs to lay it all out, I think I can even if I fail at the socialism aspect. Or maybe write some shit just like this on facebook.

    Grape Johnson on further reflections of recent name change
    Memelogical qoutient

  6. #1736
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Johnson View Post
    It's actually a good thing my pen name turns out to be a known politician [Gary Johnson,] because I conceived of writing a political essay today on topics such as the president, a summary of lessons learned from Atlas Shrugged, the failure of socialism and why, how it diminishes production quality for equal fair share, on the nature of collectivism and liberalism, and how conversativism is an affirmation of self, how liberalism has become parasitism, and how Bernie Sanders is basically Elsworth Toohie, an empty shell of a man; written in overview fashion for the newb, yet solidly enough to be a worthy essay, just the definitive zeitgeist of all the liberal bullshit nowdays, hating on the president, equating patriotism as racism, and equating anyone who doesn't agree as stupid, written succinctly enough for all to understand, and hopefully wake up. That's how the protagonist will save the world from socialism and Bernie Sanders. The essay might be interposed in a novel. Maybe a speech. Idk. Someone needs to lay it all out, I think I can even if I fail at the socialism aspect. Or maybe write some shit just like this on facebook.

    Grape Johnson on further reflections of recent name change
    Whenever Bernie gets around to selling lanyards as fundraising merch, I'm going to trade a Bernie lanyard out with my now dirtied Obama-Biden one. I'll name it Grape Johnson Jelly, a name that sounds like it should be lubricant and not a user on an intp forum.

  7. #1737
    Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Johnson's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Whenever Bernie gets around to selling lanyards as fundraising merch, I'm going to trade a Bernie lanyard out with my now dirtied Obama-Biden one. I'll name it Grape Johnson Jelly, a name that sounds like it should be lubricant and not a user on an intp forum.
    It's not meant to sound inappropriate, I'm Christian now, but I do like to squirt people with my holy water
    Memelogical qoutient

  8. #1738
    Senior Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    4,590
    Does this actually happen in America?
    Spoiler: >

    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

    ~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)


  9. #1739
    TJ TeresaJ's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    mosquito-infested hell
    Posts
    3,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Does this actually happen in America?
    Spoiler: >

    In the more progressive hospitals it does. Not mine. :/

  10. #1740
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    In the more progressive hospitals it does. Not mine. :/
    I think she might have meant being charged for it?

    There are charges since due to liability/accident issues of an anesthetized mom, a medical staff person has to be designated the task of "supervising" and thus the patient is charged for their time.

    I wish my hospital would have a description line. I only get stupid bills with the coding with no other explanation for every charge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •