Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

Type
    INTP
    @Faust, I just didn't want to come down with more of what I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing from me.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    My thread on values didn't take whatsoever. I wonder why, it's certified non-fluff philoso-babble with lots of question marks...?
    Like Light Leak, I found no way to get traction on the idea, because I'm not wholly confident I understood your intent.

Might work better if you break it into a couple paragraphs with explication on the parameters of the questions.

I understand you are trying to probe at what causes a person to value what they value, but there's still something fuzzy about that question. It's a little too fuzzy to confidently chime in on.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    @Faust, I just didn't want to come down with more of what I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing from me.
    Understandable, not that I would mind.

Like Light Leak, I found no way to get traction on the idea, because I'm not wholly confident I understood your intent.
    That's fair. I dislike being too descriptive, fearing that I would muddle up what I'm trying to convey, so I opted to pose a few generalized questions to allow people to run with the idea however they like. The fuzziness was partly intentional, but I'll try to clear it up.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    My thread on values didn't take whatsoever. I wonder why, it's certified non-fluff philoso-babble with lots of question marks...?

I always hate it when people write "...?", planting that rising inflection in your mind at the end of statements.
    Might yet. It is absolutely hard core and good to see a thread like that pop up.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hype View Post
    I also like to look at drawger.com. It has a bunch of illustrator blogs. It can be a little intimidating because the illustrators are so good, but some of them are very generous about sharing their process. I particularly like Yuko Shimizu's.
    thanks for mentioning this. i didn't expect the tone of her blog to be so down-to-earth and relatable since her work is so kickass. her process posts really are fantastic.
    Unicorns: I occasionally behave like one; while behaving like a unicorn, I put a condom on my horn, stuck it into a dumbbell weight to keep it safe from tarnishing. But my soul was already tarnished; simultaneously, my words were also tarnished.
    --INTPx

This whole oppressive burqa thread got me thinking. How awesome would it be if we lived in a culture where we were expected to dress like THIS in public?

Wouldn't work without the cultural expectation. Everyone would stare, the opposite of anonymity. But if we could make it a thing, I could look like a ninja AND be anonymous everywhere I went. Pure awesome.

Type
    INfj
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    INfj
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/011414/youre-not-an-introvert.gif
    to clarify: this isn't about anyone in particular, it's just a common INTP trope and I thought it was appropriate.
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    to clarify: this isn't about anyone in particular, it's just a common INTP trope and I thought it was appropriate.
    No no, I reserve the right to be offended as the last poster to the thread!

Type
    xxxx
    wtf counts as a "daddy issue" ? it's so irrelevant in most cases to bring that up but it's always used to explain away something about a woman that people don't like.

men have issues with their families and parents as well, but only women are implied to be "damaged" from that.
    Unicorns: I occasionally behave like one; while behaving like a unicorn, I put a condom on my horn, stuck it into a dumbbell weight to keep it safe from tarnishing. But my soul was already tarnished; simultaneously, my words were also tarnished.
    --INTPx