Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Peanut Gallery

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I know someone who only seems to date men at least 20 years older, in addition to having a lot invested in being the "sub" in a BDSM relationship. It really seems like she wants someone to boss her around. That probably counts as a "daddy issue".

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    ^ i know men whose fathers abused them or were absent as parents. i know men who weren't raised by their biological fathers. some are "successful" professionally and some aren't.* so fucking what, though. i really think it's one of those sexist comments/criticisms that should just die.

* i just say this 'cause this seems to be how society largely defines a man, as opposed to a woman who's defined first and foremost by her romantic relationships and her status in regards to that.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 02-02-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    The most beautiful paintings in existence today are the ones which were not painted by anyone.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    ^ i know men whose fathers abused them or were absent as parents. i know men who weren't raised by their biological fathers. some are "successful" professionally and some aren't. so fucking what, though. i really think it's one of those sexist comments/criticisms that should just die.
    No, it's not. What am I supposed to be implying by that comment? I get the feeling that you don't want to discuss things at all, you just want opponents. It might not be, for, instance, because the father abused them, but maybe it could be because the father had a mental illness. What point are you trying to prove, exactly?

I think it's weird that someone would make a big deal about being "non-traditional" and then like to get into romantic relationships with someone who she can call "master". There's something quite bizarre going on there, though perhaps I am not in a position to judge.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    No, it's not. What am I supposed to be implying by that comment? I get the feeling that you don't want to discuss things at all, you just want opponents. It might not be, for, instance, because the father abused them, but maybe it could be because the father had a mental illness. What point are you trying to prove, exactly?
    you get so defensive.

I am not in a position to judge.
    most people aren't in that position, yet it's common and socially accepted to do it anyway. that's kinda my point.

it's probably something to do with "damaged" women having less value in society. they're not "pure" anymore. i don't fucking know.
    The most beautiful paintings in existence today are the ones which were not painted by anyone.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    you get so defensive.
    Yep. So?

most people aren't in that position, yet it's common and socially accepted to do it anyway. that's kinda my point.
    Neither are you, yet you do it all the time, frequently without having all the facts. If you're having problems with your boyfriend, break up with him and stop getting into fights with me about it. I'm not him, or your ex, and you are not mine.

it's probably something to do with "damaged" women having less value in society. they're not "pure" anymore. i don't fucking know.
    Thank god everyone cares about "damaged men". I'm not sure what "purity" has to do with any of it. I'm expecting you to invoke "womb envy" now.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Why don't you two just cut the foreplay and get married.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Yep. So?
    so you miss the point and think everybody is talking about you specifically.

If you're having problems with your boyfriend, break up with him and stop getting into fights with me about it. I'm not him, or your ex, and you are not mine.
    you're projecting your issues onto me now.

Neither are you, yet you do it all the time, frequently without having all the facts.

Thank god everyone cares about "damaged men".
    i'm not "judging" individual people.

when men have issues that are deemed typically "feminine" society tends to care less or simply imply they had it coming. that's patriarchy and misogyny backfiring on men. related, but another topic.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    when men have issues that are deemed typically "feminine" society tends to care less or simply imply they had it coming. that's patriarchy and misogyny backfiring on men.
    Why do women react that way, then? That's the part I don't understand about it.

Type
    INTP
    when men have issues that are deemed typically "feminine" society tends to care less or simply imply they had it coming. that's patriarchy and misogyny backfiring on men.
    Lol that's true. I was thinking about the opposite of this, men with "mommy issues", and how they're thought of. They're typically considered to be effeminate, weak, and useless men.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Why do women react that way, then?
    because women are a part of society.

stop making me laugh with this.