Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living not existing

Type
    INTP

Living not existing

I need to find new ways to excite myself...again.

To feel alive.
    Almost everyone around me seems content to just exist.
    I hate existing.
    I want to live.
    And i hate to be around people who want only to exist.
    They can only pull me down.
    I get zero inspiration from them and they are the damn majority of the people around me.
    It's depressing.

I need to suround myself with interesting and inspiring people.
    I need to tell someone lets go bikepacking to Iceland or lets start kitesurfing lessons or lets go speafishing in Italy or whatever and not look at me like i am crazy for thinking something like that.Ofcourse i have no problem in doing all those things by myself( if i have the money needed) but still i need to have likeminded people around me to keep going and not zombies that want to kill all the energy i have.

I lost almost all connection with other people and even my childhood friends. We can not connect anymore. They have no interests and they are not willing to put any effort to do anything beyond their comfort zone.

I am inspired and do things only from stories i read on the internet( sidetracked magazine, outside magazine, etc) or by self-motivating myself to do things outside my comfort zone just because something picked my attention.

Anyone here relates?

How do you deal with this problem?

Type
    INTP
    Yea.. and I've hit the same stumbling blocks.. but I've got time yet, so the real challenge is to actually do some stuff before the time runs out.
    I think like 95% of the people I know are quite happy to live the home life.. They've graduated, chose their career, popped some kids out and are now paying off mortgages...
    I'm compulsively repelled by such a thought..
    I wanna grab a back pack and go see the world..
    I'm laying the foundations of my escape plan at present.. It's easy for me to procrastinate entire years, but I know that I have the capacity to be driven and determined, I've wasted time, but now it's time to start moving effectively.
    I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably have to seek a travel partner, and maybe hit up some pen-pals on my travels... the people in my rl circles wouldn't dream of just up and leaving.
    "One need not destroy one's enemy. One need only destroy his willingness to engage"

- Sun Tzu

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Yea.. and I've hit the same stumbling blocks.. but I've got time yet, so the real challenge is to actually do some stuff before the time runs out.
    I think like 95% of the people I know are quite happy to live the home life.. They've graduated, chose their career, popped some kids out and are now paying off mortgages...
    I'm compulsively repelled by such a thought..
    I wanna grab a back pack and go see the world..
    I'm laying the foundations of my escape plan at present.. It's easy for me to procrastinate entire years, but I know that I have the capacity to be driven and determined, I've wasted time, but now it's time to start moving effectively.
    I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably have to seek a travel partner, and maybe hit up some pen-pals on my travels... the people in my rl circles wouldn't dream of just up and leaving.
    Having no family or financial obligations is big plus for the wanderlust spirit...
    So what is your escape plan?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Challenge urself, try new experiences even if it seems impossible or counter intuitive. Si can be close minded. CMON CMON CMON FEEL IT FEEL IT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDB06Shv8zY

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Purposely seeking new and interesting people is more than daunting, it's absurd. I imagine a supremely confident being flouncing into a meeting late, or an Autistic type running numbers to calculate odds of success. I prefer to meet people passively. We hang out at the same places, and strike up a natural, easy conversation. Targeting profiles feels very forced and contrived, which is exactly the type of situation I hate with people.

Moving is a better bet than traveling. Immerse yourself.

Banned
    Type
    INFJ
    Can one escape by moving away from their current location?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    That's the best way, but think it through carefully

Don't be seduced by brand name cities; they offer excitement, but are drastic changes in terms of environment and cost of living. Personally, I would pick a laid back, safe place.

Zombie Jesus Bloody School Daze's Avatar
    Type
    xNTP
    I mean, I know people wouldn't suggest to me I'm crazy for thinking about spear-fishing or whatever. Not seriously. Might be amused, but no more than that.

I also know people who've suggested that they and I ought to go beating up rapists together. So I'm thinking that the culture of wherever he is matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    That's the best way, but think it through carefully

Don't be seduced by brand name cities; they offer excitement, but are drastic changes in terms of environment and cost of living. Personally, I would pick a laid back, safe place.
    Is Portland, Maine the way TV presents it?
    If I'm so wonderful then why am I so misunderstood?
    Everybody has a reason for it except me

-Mindless Self Indulgence

When one's life is in your hands, you become their god.
    -One of the villains from the Abraxas Wren series.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Only if you leave behind the thing you're trying to escape. You probably need to figure out what that is in order to be sure.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BIOTCH View Post
    Challenge urself, try new experiences even if it seems impossible or counter intuitive. Si can be close minded. CMON CMON CMON FEEL IT FEEL IT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDB06Shv8zY