Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Regrets

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    I have no regrets. Also, as long as you're breathing there's time to do the things you'd like to do.

How did you manage to not have any regrets?

Banned
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bettypop View Post
    How did you manage to not have any regrets?
    Re read above post. Nvm. Here is my explanation.

As for the song, I like this verse. "
    Maybe I've forgotten the name and the address of everyone I've ever known it's nothing I regret."
    -He has not kept in touch with those in his past....and he does not regret that aspect because he wants to block his past out. Sure I guess we all have regrets and like the lyrics to this song, we often times try and block them out to avoid pain. I'd rather not think about regrets. Not atm anyway, however we can only hide from our demons for so long, as there will come a time when we have to face them. Unless the person has a mental/PD disorder. Not sure how or if they are capable of feeling regret."
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 03-08-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Type
    xxxx
    Re read above post. Nvm. Here is my explanation.

[COLOR=#333333]
    My opinion about the song: sounds like the person in the song does not value relationships and therefore doesn't value people. My personal opinion is that we humans were created for relationships. Pain is inevitable in this life and most of the time the people that caused the pain are the ones we are in a relationship with. For instance - a guy in Japan that I never met cannot hurt me or cause me pain even is he hates me, but my brother, sister and mother will definitely cause me pain. I can learn how to resolve it or carry the pain for the rest of my life. I would say that the indicator if someone can feel regret is if they say they are sorry and mean it. What do you think?

Banned
    Type
    INFJ
    My opinion about the song: sounds like the person in the song does not value relationships and therefore doesn't value people. My personal opinion is that we humans were created for relationships. Pain is inevitable in this life and most of the time the people that caused the pain are the ones we are in a relationship with. For instance - a guy in Japan that I never met cannot hurt me or cause me pain even is he hates me, but my brother, sister and mother will definitely cause me pain. I can learn how to resolve it or carry the pain for the rest of my life. I would say that the indicator if someone can feel regret is if they say they are sorry and mean it. What do you think?
    It depends on the type of regret I suppose. If a person is hurting due to another's harsh words/treatment, yet this person thinks they've done nothing wrong and is unable to or refuses to see their part, then it would seem to me they don't care. I would say in this scenario the person causing the pain may have no regrets and simply doesn't give a shit.

Some regrets are pointless simply because in the long run the good outweighs the bad. Sometimes you just have to accept the pain, move on however you can and be happy for the positives- e.g. children, career opportunities, experiences, etc. and accept that you may never receive an apology.

Type
    INTP
    I have no regrets. Also, as long as you're breathing there's time to do the things you'd like to do.
    I'm not at all saying you are, but whenever I see someone post that they have no regrets on social media, my brain automatically flags them as a shitty person that I should stay far away from.

And I'm probably going to regret this post.

Type
    xxxx
    It depends on the type of regret I suppose. If a person is hurting due to another's harsh words/treatment, yet this person thinks they've done nothing wrong and is unable to or refuses to see their part, then it would seem to me they don't care. I would say in this scenario the person causing the pain may have no regrets and simply doesn't give a shit.

Some regrets are pointless simply because in the long run the good outweighs the bad. Sometimes you just have to accept the pain, move on however you can and be happy for the positives- e.g. children, career opportunities, experiences, etc. and accept that you may never receive an apology.
    In your example, if the person apologized it would seem that they did regret their actions. If they admit to their mistakes, to me, that also shows regret and also shows they care. I think that maybe the inured person doesn't want to see the apology or the admitting of mistakes so they can stay angry at the person that inured them. Just a thought. Most people accept apologies and admitting of past mistakes as a caring, changing and a sign of maturity.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Banned
    Type
    INFJ
    In your example, if the person apologized it would seem that they did regret their actions. If they admit to their mistakes, to me, that also shows regret and also shows they care. I think that maybe the inured person doesn't want to see the apology or the admitting of mistakes so they can stay angry at the person that inured them. Just a thought. Most people accept apologies and admitting of past mistakes as a caring, changing and a sign of maturity.
    In a perfect world this is really very sweet. I personally have no problems owning my shitty behavior, however I can't control how others deal with theirs.s,

And as far as regret, I suppose I have a few, but some I had no control over so I guess I just keep on rolling with the punches and forging ahead.

Also I don't post personal info on social media. I mean what would that post look like anyway. "Hey guys, just an FYI... I have no regrets!" lol

Type
    INtP
    I wasn't allowed to choose, so I stopped choosing, and all I've got are a few lousy t-shirts out of it.
    The idea is quite.

Type
    INTP
    I haven't a regret that I particularly dwell on, which means I might as well have none. It isn't even an emotion, really. We decide to be regretful on the strength of our guilt, anger, self-pity, fixated on the past. I've had that plenty. Not sure I do anymore.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"