Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Loading Dishwashers

  1. #1
    <3 gator's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,401
    INTPx Award Winner

    Loading Dishwashers

    For fuck's sake why can't my roommates load a fucking dishwasher in a way that makes logical sense?

  2. #2
    was here.. ~h4ct6al~'s Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,080
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    For fuck's sake why can't my roommates load a fucking dishwasher in a way that makes logical sense?
    It's supposed to be loaded so the bowls can catch the most water. That water doesn't grow on trees! With a little care, it can be reused to make a soup, hair conditioner, or even in a lovely broach.
    Last edited by ~h4ct6al~; 01-13-2014 at 07:34 PM.

  3. #3
    <3 gator's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,401
    INTPx Award Winner
    And let's put the biggest stuff on the top rack, and stack the glasses directly on top of each other so that the water can't get in. And what the hell - stick a meat cleaver up against the soap dispenser so it can't open and dispense soap.

    Fuck it - this needs to be its own thread. I will post pictures.

  4. #4
    was here.. ~h4ct6al~'s Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,080
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    And let's put the biggest stuff on the top rack, and stack the glasses directly on top of each other so that the water can't get in. And what the hell - stick a meat cleaver up against the soap dispenser so it can't open and dispense soap.

    Fuck it - this needs to be its own thread. I will post pictures.
    Right on! I'm going to subscribe to that one! And compose poignant posts!

  5. #5
    Definitely needed it's own thread.

    My "house mates" have turned bad dishwasher use into an art form. You've covered the basics, but what about these rookie mistakes?

    Never dump putrid garbage down the disposal while the dishwasher is running. Yes, in most cases, they are interconnected and unless you've got a modern house with an air release between them, guess what? You just dumped half the garbage in with the dishes!

    Dishwashers have high speed water jets and super hot metal coils. Guess what happens if you throw a featherweight plastic utensil or lid in loose on top the cage?

    This one is for my son. No, the dishwashing soap you use in the kitchen sink will NOT work in the dishwasher! (But seriously, you should try it once if you need to mop the kitchen anyway)

    And this is for all of them! Rinse your damned dishes when you're done eating. No, I don't care what the advertisement said, if you put in 5 pounds of leftovers with your dishes, nothing will get clean. Rather, the leftovers will be permanently baked into the dishes.

  6. #6
    Member rhinosaur's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    476
    I had some flatmates who once put a large pot over a part of the dishwasher that pops up to spray water around. They were annoyed when I pointed out that the dishwasher wouldn't work if you loaded it that way.

  7. #7
    <3 gator's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,401
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    This one is for my son. No, the dishwashing soap you use in the kitchen sink will NOT work in the dishwasher! (But seriously, you should try it once if you need to mop the kitchen anyway)
    Ah man, my mom did this once because she didn't have her glasses on. The dishwasher exploded suds everywhere.

    My roommate has done this as well, but that was because he didn't know any better and we'd run out of the dishwasher kind.

  8. #8
    <3 gator's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,401
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I had some flatmates who once put a large pot over a part of the dishwasher that pops up to spray water around. They were annoyed when I pointed out that the dishwasher wouldn't work if you loaded it that way.
    Yeah, what's with that? I try to be constructive and friendly when giving feedback about dishwasher loading but no one ever takes it well.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Ah man, my mom did this once because she didn't have her glasses on. The dishwasher exploded suds everywhere.

    My roommate has done this as well, but that was because he didn't know any better and we'd run out of the dishwasher kind.
    LOL - I was so amused at the results that I couldn't even pretend to be mad at him.

    Found a youtube vid example:

  10. #10
    Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    This one is for my son. No, the dishwashing soap you use in the kitchen sink will NOT work in the dishwasher! (But seriously, you should try it once if you need to mop the kitchen anyway)
    Lol I don't remember if it was indeed the normal dishwashing soap but we made the dishwasher spill bubbles all over the floor. Twice, because we couldn't remember the first time until it was too late (like I clearly can't remember now).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •