Thread: apply magic sauce

Type
    intp

apply magic sauce

Cambridge Universities psychological tool using facebook likes to predict Big 5 and Jungian types. https://applymagicsauce.com/

Openness to experience describes a dimension of personality that distinguishes imaginative, creative people from down-to-earth, conventional people.
    People with your Likes are intellectually curious and appreciative of what they consider beautiful, no matter what others think. You might say that your imagination is vivid and makes you more creative than many others.

Conscientiousness concerns the way in which we control, regulate, and direct our impulses.
    People with your Likes are random and fun to be around but can also plan and persist when life requires it. It appears that depending on the situation, you can make quick decisions or deliberate for longer if necessary.

Extraversion is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world, versus being comfortable with your own company.
    People with your Likes are similar to people who prefer low-key social occasions, with a few close friends. You might say that it's not that you are afraid of large parties; they're just not that fun for you.

Agreeableness reflects individual differences in concern with cooperation and social harmony.
    People with your Likes get along well with others, especially once they have proved themselves to be trustworthy. You seem to have a healthy scepticism about others' motives, but that doesn't stop you from considering others to be basically honest and decent.

Neuroticism refers to the tendency to experience negative emotions.
    People with your Likes are calm and emotionally stable. You come across as someone who is rarely bothered by things, and when they do get you down the feeling does not persist for very long.

Your Likes suggest that you have Liberal political views - these are historically based on ideas of liberty and equality. People with liberal views tend to support ‘progressive’ policies like reproductive rights for women, same-sex marriage and also social welfare programs like government-funded education and healthcare.
    Your Likes suggest that you do not hold any of the religious views for which specific predictions are made. You fall into the “Other” category, which includes Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists, Muslims, Jedis and Pastafarians.
    People with your Likes have a strong interest in Psychology. Psychologists attempt to understand the role of mental functions in individual and social behaviour. As well as working as counsellors with patients, they also work in schools as educational psychologists, with the police as forensic psychologists, with businesses as occupational psychologists and with athletes as sports psychologists. Even if you don’t aspire to a career in Psychology, you probably enjoy people-watching and are a good listener.
    Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who don't mind spending long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions. INTPs tend to be less at ease in social situations and the 'caring professions,' although they enjoy the company of those who share their interests. They also tend to be impatient with the bureaucracy, rigid hierarchies, and politics prevalent in many professions, preferring to work informally with others as equals. INTPs' extraverted intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language, and they can defuse the tension in gatherings by comical observations and references. They can be charming, even in their quiet reserve, and are sometimes surprised by the high esteem in which their friends and colleagues hold them.
    I'm particularly pleased that I might be a pastafarian...

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    This was interesting but out of all of my hundreds of likes it only based its predictions on 16 of mine, which is too few to really gather meaningful conclusions imo.

Or maybe I'm just kind of annoyed that it said that I have average intelligence and not much leadership potential.

Type
    intp
    Quite interesting in regards to the algorithm etc. But, like gator, it used only 26 'likes', so the results are a bit amusing. Although it did tell me I'm INTP.

Some of the feedback is a bit funny. Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire, Pixies -> more intelligent. Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Sonic Youth -> less intelligent.

Actually, moving beyond the accuracy, I'm pretty fascinated by what can be done with this type of machine learning in the future, in regards to how we function socially.

Type
    INTP
    "Pearl Jam is complicated, man" - Hephaestus
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by scarydoor View Post
    Quite interesting in regards to the algorithm etc. But, like gator, it used only 26 'likes', so the results are a bit amusing. Although it did tell me I'm INTP.

Some of the feedback is a bit funny. Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire, Pixies -> more intelligent. Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Sonic Youth -> less intelligent.

Actually, moving beyond the accuracy, I'm pretty fascinated by what can be done with this type of machine learning in the future, in regards to how we function socially.
    Pearl Jam more intelligent than Radiohead, Sonic Youth, or Pink Floyd? Pfft. Arcade Fire, I concur. Pixies, perhaps?

I wish I had a Facebook account for stuff like this. It is fascinating to watch others be labeled for life by Facebook.

Hint: Sephora fans are among the stupidest Facebookers. I'll look for ref.

Good video, that's why I spam it. Very interesting, seriously. I'm particularly interested by their use of instrumental language RATHER than reactive when describing topics that normies would find emotional.

"Psychopaths are focused on this lower level. They are unconcerned with self-actualization because they have a grandiose sense of who they are...they are very interested in material things."

Kind of like animals, or SPs.

Type
    INTP
    It pegged me as an INTJ of average intelligence based on 10 likes.

Apparently liking Bowie is a strong indicator in pretty much every category.