Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a question and expect an answer!

Banned
    Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner

Ask a question and expect an answer!

How? Mention someone who might have expertise in your area of confusion!

I can't guarantee success, but I can try to improve your odds of receiving an answer.

Oh yeah, "Google it" isn't an answer. I read an interesting article about that. It seems that a person can offer a more nuanced, customized answer than Buzzfeed.

Type
    INTP
    Why is my oregano plant unhappy when I keep it out on the patio, but it acts like it wants more sunlight when I bring it inside?

Banned
    Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Why is my oregano plant unhappy when I keep it out on the patio, but it acts like it wants more sunlight when I bring it inside?
    I'm on it!

Be back soon.

Banned
    Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I Googled Ne'er Do Well Oregano Plants. Nothing. Pfft.

Temperamental oregano plants got lots of hits.

Bonnie at www.bonnieplants.com said:

Oregano prefers a sunny spot; however, in zone 7 and farther south, it benefits from a little afternoon shade. Set plants in well-drained soil with a pH between 6.5 and 7.0. Most herbs don’t like much fertilizer; feed occasionally with Bonnie Herb, Vegetable & Flower Plant Food throughout the growing season and always in early spring as the new season begins. Oregano spreads easily; in late spring, cut it back to one-third of its size in order to make the plant bushier. In milder climates (zone 8 and southward), oregano is evergreen. In zone 7 and northward, protect plants with mulch through the winter, or cover them with a cold frame. Small plants in containers can be moved indoors for the winter. Cut out dead stems in the spring before the plants begin new growth.
    Are you in zone 7 or farther south? If so, it needs a little afternoon shade.

I also noted that it's a draping sort, so maybe it needs to straddle the fence and experience a little sun and shade?

Sorry, I did quick Googled, but I just kill green things. Doesn't @Madrigal know about plants?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    What's that CPR technique called which is similar to chest compressions but much faster, almost like you hold the chest and make your arms shiver? It doesn't pump blood to the brain but it circulates blood around the heart. I found it mentioned on the internet then a week or two later I couldn't find it anywhere.

Maybe @stigmatica would know?
    My friends are Lurker, Dot, Lud, highlander, interprétation erronée, and Tlalocone. I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended. 10/2/2016 Edit: if you make your avatar a picture of my foot or feet for 30 days (45 days for GnarlFox and kali), I will accept your friend request. Send me a Notice of Intent so I can start the clock.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    What's that CPR technique called which is similar to chest compressions but much faster, almost like you hold the chest and make your arms shiver? It doesn't pump blood to the brain but it circulates blood around the heart. I found it mentioned on the internet then a week or two later I couldn't find it anywhere.

Maybe @stigmatica would know?
    I don't know why @stigmatica should know, but @Sistamatic might. She used to be a fire fighter.

As a second semester nursing student, I have never heard of it, but if it's a thing they might cover it in the fall when we go over more cardiac stuff.

Banned
    Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    @TeresaJ

While you're here, I wanted to ask why my calcium is always high and my phosphorous always low. Both very mild. PTH normal? What gives? My diet is fine and my kidneys are much better

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    I don't know why @stigmatica should know, but @Sistamatic might. She used to be a fire fighter.

As a second semester nursing student, I have never heard of it, but if it's a thing they might cover it in the fall when we go over more cardiac stuff.
    Yeah, the sista one. I was thinking the technique should get more use, maybe during mouth to mouth or maybe a constant vibration during use of an automatic chest compression system. I searched pretty hard and couldn't find anything. I bet you won't be taught about it. Maybe it's not even done any more. I searched for all kinds of heart massage info, etc.
    My friends are Lurker, Dot, Lud, highlander, interprétation erronée, and Tlalocone. I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended. 10/2/2016 Edit: if you make your avatar a picture of my foot or feet for 30 days (45 days for GnarlFox and kali), I will accept your friend request. Send me a Notice of Intent so I can start the clock.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Doesn't @Madrigal know about plants?
    I only know about one plant.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    How old is your plant? Sometimes young plants can't tolerate too much sunlight. You may have to move it to the shade daily. Otherwise, if it's golden oregano, the internet says that's the only type of oregano that prefers indirect sun and will die in full sun.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Banned
    Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Okay. I killed a fern once. That's my experience.

This kudzu thing lived though...bye