Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a question and expect an answer!

I have a question: how dare you?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    I have a question: how dare you?
    There you go. Fucking the thread up.

I'm trying to encourage interaction because I'm a soft, fluffy thing, so please mention a person who could help you? (Not me)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I only know about one plant.

How old is your plant? Sometimes young plants can't tolerate too much sunlight. You may have to move it to the shade daily. Otherwise, if it's golden oregano, the internet says that's the only type of oregano that prefers indirect sun and will die in full sun.
    It's about 1 to 1.5 years old. The seed packet said "Greek Oregano." The patio is shady, but it's pretty warm and dry outside.

Such a fickle plant. I had to try multiple times to get the seedlings to stay alive. I've nearly killed the adult plant too, because it has to be watered so often. It seems a bit happier now that it's inside and not drying out so much.

The internet says that Greek Oregano likes warm, sunny, and dry climates, which you think would be perfect for Arizona.

Type
    INTP
    @Lurker
    How's your blood pressure? Taking any supplements?
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    @Lurker
    How's your blood pressure?
    Good now!Around 107/70ish. How is yours?

(Are we getting older? ) I'm listening to Al Stewart.

What are you listening to?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Good now!Around 107/70ish. How is yours?

(Are we getting older? ) I'm listening to Al Stewart.

What are you listening to?
    Mine varies with mood, lol.
    Getting older is a bad habit, but I'll do it again in April.
    Listening to a cat pur.
    (Could still be a mild hpt)
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Yeah, the sista one. I was thinking the technique should get more use, maybe during mouth to mouth or maybe a constant vibration during use of an automatic chest compression system. I searched pretty hard and couldn't find anything. I bet you won't be taught about it. Maybe it's not even done any more. I searched for all kinds of heart massage info, etc.

I've not heard of this, but I will say that if someone was to do cpr on me, I would prefer compression only cpr because it would almost double my chances of survival.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/n...s-more-lives#1

The point of chest compressions is to squeeze the heart and chest. You should ideally do compressions at a rate of about 120 per minute, and if you decide not to do compression only cpr, give 2 breaths every 30 compressions, maintaining an overall rate of 100 compressions per minute...which is a really fast pace.

Important to remember.... The compressions are more important than the breathing.

Compressions work for breathing because the way you breathe is by creating negative pressure in your chest cavity to inhale and positive to exhale. Chest compressions accomplish this in addition to accomplishing blood circulation. The heart has one way valves in it, so compressing it can pump blood when there is no heartbeat. You squeeze the heart pushing blood out. Then when the heart is released it can only draw in new blood from the correct direction. People with heart murmurs don't benefit as much from cpr because there is valve slippage.

Rescue bagging is preferable to rescue breathing as the o2 concentration of a human exhalation is relatively low and the co2 is relatively high....which may cause the opposite of the desired diffusive effect inside the lung.

If you include rescue breathing, 3 person cpr teams are preferable. One to do the breathing every 30 compressions, and 2 to alternate compressions as maintaining a rate of 2 compressions per second is extremely tiring and because moving from compression to breathing and back again wastes valuable compression time.

Never attempt rescue breathing and compressions at the same time...or in other words, always pause compression before doing rescue breathing. (because you could severely damage the lungs of the patient if you try to inflate their chest cavity while squeezing it.)

The physics of cpr requires alternating negative and positive pressure in the thoracic cavity in order to achieve the movement of air into and out of the lungs and blood through the heart. Any technique that sacrifices achieving that pressure for speed is not a good one.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    Getting older is a bad habit, but I'll do it again in April.
    gross. I guess I'll to it too in May: you know- to fit in.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Why are my fingers always cold?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by last_caress View Post
    Why are my fingers always cold?
    Poor circulation, PAD, Electrolyte imbalance, anemia malnutrition....more detail. Pics of your fingernails would help.

Remember to page your expert!
    @TeresaJ and @Sistamatic, and others I'm sure