Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ask a question and expect an answer!

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    @TeresaJ

While you're here, I wanted to ask why my calcium is always high and my phosphorous always low. Both very mild. PTH normal? What gives? My diet is fine and my kidneys are much better
    I know that not enough phosphate can fuck up your bones if it's that way for a long time, and that can increase your calcium. If you had a poor diet previously maybe you're still feeling the effects?

Disclaimer: I am a second semester nursing student. I am not a doctor. I am not your doctor. Even after getting licensed as a nurse I wouldn't be qualified to diagnose anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    I know that not enough phosphate can fuck up your bones if it's that way for a long time, and that can increase your calcium. If you had a poor diet previously maybe you're still feeling the effects?

Disclaimer: I am a second semester nursing student. I am not a doctor. I am not your doctor. Even after getting licensed as a nurse I wouldn't be qualified to diagnose anything.
    So you're saying she should amputate?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post

Actually, that's the only explanation I've ever heard that makes sense.

My teeth were awful as a kid and my bones seem to bend easily, progressively rounding shoulder and height loss. I have degenerative disc syndrome at 38. I have long bone pain, too. My magnesium was low for a while, as well.

My parathyroid hormones are normal, as is my diet. So far, my goal is to lessen my serum calcium levels (high 2 yrs ago, even when I had Vit. D def. and PTH levels normal. I have no idea why. Low calcium intake)

I'm trying to up the phosphorus in order to knock the calcium down. I have mild calcification of my abdominal something artery and ilieac (?) artery, so I just down the water and up the phosphorus and magnesium as much as possible sans supplements other than fortified food)

Thanks a lot. No one can say why, but I am mainly in action mode atm in order to prevent nasty calcified insides. (I'm not a medical anything. lol)

hab sum paynis interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    ISTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    How? Mention someone who might have expertise in your area of confusion!

I can't guarantee success, but I can try to improve your odds of receiving an answer.

Oh yeah, "Google it" isn't an answer. I read an interesting article about that. It seems that a person can offer a more nuanced, customized answer than Buzzfeed.

Psychology problem: for reasons unknown to me, I have, for the better part of a season, been struggling with seeing people as visually unappealing (by the way I'm average looking and not into looks much). I consider myself fairly well adjusted *cough*, a multiple friended and familied person held in relatively high regard *cough*. I'm also on the autism spectrum *cough* (supposedly my autism manifests rather mildly as rigid preoccupations with certain hobbies and introversion. Otherwise I appear quite normal *cough*), I have Adult ADD-PI, and anxiety. Think: mild mannered, optimistic, nice'ish, likable, mature where it counts... I
    be normal.

Toward the end of last year I decided to tinker with my imagination and resist the processes which cause me to worry and become anxious. "Out with the negative in with the positive", as therapists say. And, I actually felt my brain changing by intentionally appreciating life and its contents.

All was good and well, then one day the inward criticalness shifted outward and I began seeing problems with other people. I tried self-talk to equalize our respective identities through administering doses of humility by reflecting on my profound averageness, by applying the Golden rule, and just by ignoring my newfound dysfunctional hyper-awareness of facial topography. Nothing happened. Then I read up on human phenotypical traits to educate myself thinking that could condition away my biases, but that just made me more aware of what I find different. My facial criticalness of others is only more sophisticated now -- I'm worse than before.

I've learned that people know when I'm examining them like roadkill due to my micro expressions (?) and lack of personable calm. And my list of friends is shrinking. I keep seeing geometric aberrations/errors in the heads/faces of many others that were once lovely forms to look at. Please help me! Do I have schizophrenia????

Also, everyone seems cartoonized, it's a kind of quasi-depersonalized DXM-like filtered perception of forms within my reality interface. I've been tearing up at night a lot lately... I'm being totally transparent here.

Lurker, I do not know who to direct this towards.

By the way psych professionals think I'm odd and ask me if I'm interested in anti-psych meds. Beyond this dysfunction I'm not cuckoo. What is going on?

I miss Hephaestus...

Edit: at the very least could you help me condense this explanation for a professional to understand. Thanks.

P.S. The converse of this is I see certain faces smiling and it feels like I popped one of my old oxys. I'm an odd one I suppose.
    Last edited by interprétation erronée; 03-21-2017 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    The smell of the ocean ... makes me gag.

Type
    INTP
    Unless you've been recommended by your doctor, I'd not suggest you alter your dietary phosphorus to try to change your serum calcium. What is the purpose?
    Blood calcium is around 1% of your stores.

I'm concerned because you don't know yet the cause or what harm its doing. Imagine if your body wants to continue that level of blood calcium and you take measures to lower it... It would continue to leech calcium from other sources, like your bones, to maintain.

I'm not registered yet, and not a fan of medical advice online (yes, dietary advice is medical advice and there's a huge difference between a registered dietitian and a nutritionist) plus I haven't seen your labs or history. If it were me, I'd be concerned about hpt (if my pth values were normal despite the high calcium, they should be low), I'd also watch kidney function and bone density.

I'm just concerned that attempts in your own to suppress what might only be a symptom, one you don't know is hurting you and you don't know the cause of, may cause other problems.
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    xxxx
    Who is the most popular member on this forum?

Type
    xxxx
    And why do members change their avatars?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by bettypop View Post
    And why do members change their avatars?
    What is boredom.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined.."

Banned
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bettypop View Post
    Who is the most popular member on this forum?
    @Madrigal.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Tigerlily, I see you changed your avatar?