Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Cafes are awesome

Type
    XXXX

Red face Cat Cafes are awesome

In the last year or so I have spent most of my free time at the local cat cafe, because my city is better than yours and actually has one. I spend so much time reading and drinking caffeinated beverages anyway, so I may as well do it in the presence of some cool cats. Since I am a social retard of the modern era, I don't normally strike up conversations with strangers, but at the kitty cafe it's easy to talk to people because you can just start by commenting on whatever the hell the cats are doing at that point. Watching idiotic get clawed/bitten for annoying the cats is endless fun.

It's also nice since I don't own a cat, but can still get my share of cat anus on my lap.

Has anyone else had experience with them? If not, how jealous are you right now, pleb?

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    Has anyone else had experience with them? If not, how jealous are you right now, pleb?
    There are a few around but I wouldn't go near one. I don't mind cats but they're not awesome; in the States they're responsible for the deaths of between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds and 6.9-20.7 billion mammals annually... they're a huge problem in Western Australia. We have a battle between cat lovers and conservationists here and it's not pretty. I was using the thermal cameras at work the other night and I couldn't believe the number of feral cats roaming the fence line...

A few years ago, one of the older guys killed one of the cats at work and buried it. One of the old crazy cat ladies got wind of this and made a formal complaint and there was a plan made to exhume the body. The guy managed to remove the body of the victim and replace it with a possum before management got there.

Crazy cat lovers are a major impediment to urban pest control... I blame toxoplasmosis. cat mind control.

Banned
    Type
    INFJ
    In the last year or so I have spent most of my free time at the local cat cafe, because my city is better than yours and actually has one. I spend so much time reading and drinking caffeinated beverages anyway, so I may as well do it in the presence of some cool cats. Since I am a social retard of the modern era, I don't normally strike up conversations with strangers, but at the kitty cafe it's easy to talk to people because you can just start by commenting on whatever the hell the cats are doing at that point. Watching idiotic get clawed/bitten for annoying the cats is endless fun.

It's also nice since I don't own a cat, but can still get my share of cat anus on my lap.

Omg I had no idea these places existed! @Lurker why didn't you tell me?! I know where I'll be tomorrow! The only thing missing are chaise lounges and a full bar.

Last edited by Tigerlily; 03-17-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    We have one and it's awesome but usually I just go and snorgle my parents' cat instead.

Type
    xxxx
    i've been to one, in oakland. it may have been the time of day, but cats seem very meh about me. it's ok, i'm more of a dog person anyway. it was still fun.

this is gonna sound really typical, but i don't like that there are other people there.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Omg I had no idea these places existed! @Lurker why didn't you tell me?!
    She's selfish, she wants to keep all the cats to herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    snorgle
    Added to my personal lexicon, thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    it may have been the time of day
    Yeah, they adjust to human schedules somewhat, but they're still nocturnal at heart and like being lazy during the day. Also they're not attention starved in these places, so many of them won't seek out a human to love.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    There are a few around but I wouldn't go near one. I don't mind cats but they're not awesome; in the States they're responsible for the deaths of between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds and 6.9-20.7 billion mammals annually... they're a huge problem in Western Australia.
    Sounds like a problem. If only the cats were kept inside. In a cafe perhaps.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    There are a few around but I wouldn't go near one. I don't mind cats but they're not awesome; in the States they're responsible for the deaths of between 1.4 and 3.7 billion birds and 6.9-20.7 billion mammals annually... they're a huge problem in Western Australia.
    It was a regrettable mistake to send pussy to Australia.
    I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

Type
    INFP
    Even if there was zero pressure to adopt a cat I don't think I could hang out somewhere with pet adoption overtones with zero intention of adopting an animal because I'm crazy like that. I was going to ask OP something along the lines of "the fuck you been?" but it's clearly cat cafés.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Even if there was zero pressure to adopt a cat I don't think I could hang out somewhere with pet adoption overtones with zero intention of adopting an animal because I'm crazy like that. I was going to ask OP something along the lines of "the fuck you been?" but it's clearly cat cafés.
    So go there and adopt a cat! And oh I was busy Mojung, sorry I didn't answer your 47 voicemails... well this is awkward.

Type
    INFP
    So go there and adopt a cat! And oh I was busy Mojung, sorry I didn't answer your 47 voicemails... well this is awkward.
    If you were sorry you would have answered my 46th voicemail. I probably would wind up adopting a cat to impress an attractive person I'd never see again and the cat would outlive me an eat my dead face.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?