Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: INTx. Damn XD

  1. #1
    New Member Outbrust's Avatar
    Type
    INTx
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9

    INTx. Damn XD

    Hi all


    I was always divided between these 2 types, but for some reason, I can't divide well Ti from Ni

    I don't know no one that is deep in functions, so... help me (please).

    I will reply to all your questions

  2. #2
    Sysop Ptah's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,414
    @Outbrust, the functional system isn't my specialty/preference, so I ask -- are you familiar with Keirsey's system? Perhaps it may provide another/helpful perspective.

  3. #3
    New Member Outbrust's Avatar
    Type
    INTx
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    @Outbrust, the functional system isn't my specialty/preference, so I ask -- are you familiar with Keirsey's system? Perhaps it may provide another/helpful perspective.
    Hi, and thank you for your reply.

    I'm starting to study it, but I'm not so deep in. So, if you know it well, we can try

    To add some infos, I strong relate to Ni, Se, Te, Fi and high Ti functions of MBTI. I'm pretty sure to be an introvert, and a thinker, and reading descriptions of types I relate to INTJ/INTP, ENTJ, ISTP in this order, from the closest to the farer.

    I don't know if it helps

  4. #4
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,417
    INTPx Award Winner
    I understand the Jung cognitives orders are disproven and were based on shaky analysis, there's even a wikipedia entry on it.
    I entertain the notion of 16 types and the four groups, for want of a fifth dichotomy, so I guess 32

    Socionics does some crap with INTP and INTJ and swaps them. I think I'm some kind of hybrid between them myself.

    I find that when I talk to INTJs, that they're often trying to tell me things, teach me stuff that I either know, or don't want to be taught about or told of in a way that I probably tell people who otherwise act interested themselves...if that even makes any sense [to you all.]

    An INTJ often expects you to be taking notes, websites, recommendations, names etc.

    I consider them to be like Highlander immortals, or Siamese fighting fish when they're archetypal, but lots of people seem to test INTJ these days. I think they're indicative of tech savvy modern types I guess, but they don't seem to be 2% of the population.

    INTJ is Ni Te [carpe noctem]
    INTP is Ti Ne [mind]
    "Jesus was not a poof and neither was he married."
    -Guess who

  5. #5
    New Member Outbrust's Avatar
    Type
    INTx
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I understand the Jung cognitives orders are disproven and were based on shaky analysis, there's even a wikipedia entry on it.
    I entertain the notion of 16 types and the four groups, for want of a fifth dichotomy, so I guess 32

    Socionics does some crap with INTP and INTJ and swaps them. I think I'm some kind of hybrid between them myself.

    I find that when I talk to INTJs, that they're often trying to tell me things, teach me stuff that I either know, or don't want to be taught about or told of in a way that I probably tell people who otherwise act interested themselves...if that even makes any sense [to you all.]

    An INTJ often expects you to be taking notes, websites, recommendations, names etc.

    I consider them to be like Highlander immortals, or Siamese fighting fish when they're archetypal, but lots of people seem to test INTJ these days. I think they're indicative of tech savvy modern types I guess, but they don't seem to be 2% of the population.

    INTJ is Ni Te [carpe noctem]
    INTP is Ti Ne [mind]
    Can I ask hoe did you lead yourself to INTJ more than INTP?

    PS: I don't do it to say 'oh I'm a special snowflake' etc etc. I'm proud of myself, whatever type I will be. I only want to understand how my mind works.

  6. #6
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,417
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Outbrust View Post
    Can I ask hoe did you lead yourself to INTJ more than INTP?

    PS: I don't do it to say 'oh I'm a special snowflake' etc etc. I'm proud of myself, whatever type I will be. I only want to understand how my mind works.
    I guess I just inherently care about timelines, making lists, and punctuality.

    J is my weakest indicator at only 12% but I think the last dichotomy is also the cause of the biggest criticism of MBTI in that it's quite poorly defined.

    Some high P, scruffy UNIX beard type once told me something about caring in the first place that my desk was a mess made me J, rather than the desk itself being messy making me more P. At least I'm paraphrasing and it made more sense at the time.
    "Jesus was not a poof and neither was he married."
    -Guess who

  7. #7
    New Member Outbrust's Avatar
    Type
    INTx
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I guess I just inherently care about timelines, making lists, and punctuality.

    J is my weakest indicator at only 12% but I think the last dichotomy is also the cause of the biggest criticism of MBTI in that it's quite poorly defined.

    Some high P, scruffy UNIX beard type once told me something about caring in the first place that my desk was a mess made me J, rather than the desk itself being messy making me more P. At least I'm paraphrasing and it made more sense at the time.
    First of all: these thoughts are not strictly related to you.

    I really HATE these things. There are desks that are organized, but a mess (like mine). If you look at someone's desk, you should look to how he/she is moving on it, not if it is ordered or a mess. My Chemist Teacher has a mess desk, but she is really organized because that desk has logic to her, and she can do excellent things in THAT way.

    For this reason I wanted to enter deeper into functions. But, if I have Ni I can't have Ti (being a rational type).

    So, I think, speaking about functions, the main difference is to understand how Ti and Ni stores infos.

    That are just my 2 cents, if someone knows something more, please, correct me.

  8. #8
    singularity precursor Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Posts
    5,417
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Outbrust View Post
    First of all: these thoughts are not strictly related to you.

    I really HATE these things. There are desks that are organized, but a mess (like mine). If you look at someone's desk, you should look to how he/she is moving on it, not if it is ordered or a mess. My Chemist Teacher has a mess desk, but she is really organized because that desk has logic to her, and she can do excellent things in THAT way.

    For this reason I wanted to enter deeper into functions. But, if I have Ni I can't have Ti (being a rational type).

    So, I think, speaking about functions, the main difference is to understand how Ti and Ni stores infos.

    That are just my 2 cents, if someone knows something more, please, correct me.
    I paradoxically can't remove myself from my own subjective experience, which I used to quantify my response to your question.

    You should try not to hate anything, it's too strong for trivial things, especially disproved Jungian functions that are subject to the Barnum/Forer effect.

    Did you move to America from another country?
    "Jesus was not a poof and neither was he married."
    -Guess who

  9. #9
    New Member Outbrust's Avatar
    Type
    INTx
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I paradoxically can't remove myself from my own subjective experience, which I used to quantify my response to your question.

    You should try not to hate anything, it's too strong for trivial things, especially disproved Jungian functions that are subject to the Barnum/Forer effect.

    Did you move to America from another country?
    No, I'm not in America and I'm not American. English isn't my first language, so I would explain what I was searching to say. I'm Italian and I'm in Italy now.

    I need to understand always why a person is doing what is doing. Basing only on facts, without thinking through them and giving a sense, is dangerous (and can lead to an uncorrect result). It's like stereotipate something without understand, basing on things that people can see only externally and without thinking about the sense of that.

  10. #10
    Member Sinny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    589
    Reckful would help you, he's extremely knowledgeable and helpful in this area.

    I type as INTP & INTJ interchangeably with high Ti and Ni.
    He had a lengthy explanation as to the flaws of the tests, and how to interpret my results.
    (I have my own theory additionally)

    You can find him over at the INTJ forum.
    "One need not destroy one's enemy. One need only destroy his willingness to engage"

    - Sun Tzu

Similar Threads

  1. America's low-skill workers want their damn jobs back! Wait...
    By Lurker in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 11-26-2016, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •