Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You know you're an INTP when...

Type
    xNTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    When you have a productive day and accomplish all kinds of really amazing things, but still feel like a failure because you didn't manage to do one single thing that was on your "must do now" list.
    If it's any consolation, that can be an NTJ thing too.

Many are the times I've been driving home, content with myself for being exceptionally productive that day... but then I'll get a sudden insight - usually when my mind is drifting aimlessly - that I forgot to do the one vitally important thing.

Cue the total evaporation of said contentedness; engage savage self-berating.

Fucking brains, eh?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    When your obsession with accuracy prevents you from acknowledging a compliment, and then you struggle to return the compliment fast enough because again, accuracy, and then the conversation with the ESFJ goes downhill from there.

Ex: Approximation from wedding...
    ESFJ (beaming): I like your shoes.
    INTP: The woman at the store said they were in style, but I ... errr ... I mean thank you.
    ESFJ (not beaming anymore): silence.
    INTP: Uh, I like your ... ( Crap...it looks like a dress, but it has like a seam in the middle, but it isn't quite pants...uh...uh... ) uh... your hair looks pretty.
    ESFJ (scowling): Thank you. You've got an interesting style. Did you do it yourself?
    INTP: Thanks, yeah. ( Crap, do I have to make another one now...uh...)
    ESFJ: Oh look it's (name). It was nice to see you. (flees)
    INTP: (Oh crap, here comes another one. She looks familiar. I bet I'm supposed to know who she is. Crap crap crap.)
    ENFP husband returns from bathroom: Hey (name). Haven't seen you in ages, cousin. You look beautiful. You remember my wife...
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    ... you understand the difference between "shy" and "introverted"; shy people don't want to be there (and/or fear it), introverts don't mind/fear being there, they just want to be left to observe or engage in smaller groups, if not 1:1;
    Yeah, I get annoyed when people assume I'm shy because I'm quiet. I'm quiet because I'm honest. I have two switches: honesty or silence, pick one. After they try the honesty button, they quickly opt for silence.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    Yeah, I get annoyed when people assume I'm shy because I'm quiet. I'm quiet because I'm honest. I have two switches: honesty or silence, pick one. After they try the honesty button, they quickly opt for silence.

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx

you know you're an intp when...

you signup on this website and post that you're an intp in your profile, like this, "type: intp".

the other day i got in my car only wearing my boxers and just drove, because i was bored. i put the window down and this blend of sunshine and cool air fanned my face. it was refreshing and just felt nice. i ended up at a new grocery store and actually got out and went inside. lots of food in my cupboards already though because my girlfriend had gone shopping at the dollar tree for tv dinners three weeks ago. didn't want to shop or nothin really, i just wanted to walk around somewhere unfamiliar and new, maybe grab a bag of bit-o-honey, then wait in a long ass line with other unattractive people. haha, just pass the time somewhere novel and enjoy life. because i was bored. we all do this. we all do things because we get bored.

as i was walking around i ran into some guy with a toupee and handlebar mustache stopped in the middle of an aisle looking up at the ceiling. just standing there looking up. so i asked him what he saw. he said he was a retired mathematician and whenever he did mental calculations he would look straight up and i guess it helped him concentrate. so naturally i asked him what he was trying to figure out. "you see this bag of change? (he showed me) i want to buy a box of beer, 2 bags of chips, 3 tubes of meat, and...". that's nice, i said, and kept walking around. then i decided to find the deli to price their subs sandwiches. but i needed help so i said deli out loud while throwing my hands up and my gosh this extremely smart clerk just turned, looked me in the eye, and pointed in the correct direction. and there was the deli. how'd he do that, i thought. *sigh* so bored. when i got to the deli there was only fillet mignon and truffle cheese and lots of wine. in fact it was basically a wine store. i tried to ask a question, but the butcher shot me this apprehensive homicidal glare. "geez relax." i mumbled under my breath.

my watch said it was getting late so i took my bag'a treats to the check out line. and then i saw tasty collection of gourmet game jerky for sell so i bought them. well not really, because my debit card got declined. couldn't buy the bit-o-honey either. but on my way to the car i bumped into someone really nice smoking a menthol cigarette. it was funny really. see he was into hip hop i'm guessing because he was black. i nodded at him but i guess i'm not dark enough. because he didn't react.

i feel like i learned some things and made a new friend. hm, kinda fun.

and here we are 500 words later... you get the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INTP
    ...you're at a work event, and you find yourself a nice quiet corner to get on your laptop, drink another glass of prosecco and post on INTPx while everyone else is socializing and taking photos.

Type
    INTP
    You're sitting on your bed, working on a Tarot spread when you should be getting ready for work.

Also, was just in the local chippy when I realised after the fact that some girl was trying to intimidate me.

I didn't catch what she was saying so just gave her a quizzical look. But her words echoed through my ears by the time she'd left.

Well that was completely wasted on me
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    ...you notice your fly is down, but are too busy with something else to deal with it, so make a mental note to take care of it once you're done, only to rediscover the issue when you're too busy to take care of it again.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    You initiate the planning of a social event on a whim but then immediately regret doing so. However, you lack the social skills needed to cancel or adjust it. It is now a beast beyond your control.

The unwieldy social event in question involves like three people showing up at your house to eat food and relax.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    You initiate the planning of a social event on a whim but then immediately regret doing so. However, you lack the social skills needed to cancel or adjust it. It is now a beast beyond your control.

The unwieldy social event in question involves like three people showing up at your house to eat food and relax.
    LOL
    Reminds me of this
    20180711_062750.jpg