Thread: End Times

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

End Times

Ongoing dispatches from the end.

Type
    INFP

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    iNtP
    Idaho... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    INTPx Award Winner
    current state of war

matthew 24:6
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    I have wondered whether this verse is suggesting that it is an increased frequency of wars or the fact that people are easily able to hear about distant wars due to living in a globalised world is indicative of the end times?
    On the wrong side of history

Type
    iNtP
    Idaho... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    I have wondered whether this verse is suggesting that it is an increased frequency of wars or the fact that people are easily able to hear about distant wars due to living in a globalised world is indicative of the end times?
    i assume both... saying to look for these things when it is impossible is silly; being able to do so and only noting that things are consistent would also be silly... i think those two factors ought also be tied to the scale of war... the advent of world war is a modern novelty enabled by our advances in science... i chose the word advent because we have had two so far, and the air feels ripe for another...

daniel 12:4
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie