Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative lucrative careers\money making activities that play to INTP strengths

Type
    INtp

Post Alternative lucrative careers\money making activities that play to INTP strengths

Some strengths...
    • Great Analysts and Abstract Thinkers
    • Imaginative and Original
    • Open-Minded
    • Enthusiastic
    • Objective
    • Honest and Straightforward
    INTPs are philosophical innovators, fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and design. They are preoccupied with theory, and search for the universal law behind everything they see. They want to understand the unifying themes of life, in all their complexity.

This is a thread to discuss non-typical out of the box (intp box) careers and money making ideas for intps. Most searches for INTP careers return some or other typical tech or academic jobs, most of which pay measly salaries and under utilize intp strengths.

Here are a few I thought of:
    - Business development managers
    - Product development manager
    - Marketing manager (dictating marketing strategy etc)
    - Business strategy manager
    - Digital marketing consultant\advisor
    - Pimping
    - Recreational drug designer
    - Sports betting
    - Revising, Improving or re-envisioning existing processes, methodologies, systems that are sub-optimal or inefficient yet widely accepted
    - Designing, developing and putting out new products for new markets.
    - Innovators
    - Business magnates
    Last edited by DaDaMan; 05-08-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Unless i am the CEO of a company that is so complex and entertaining to keep me interested for a few years, all careers will end up problematic for the usual reasons.

We have to accept that we are not cut out to have careers ( i know i am not anyway).. because careers are not built around analysis and imagination but around networking and high ambition.

We are meant only to explore our interests and may be stick with some of them.

For income i prefer to choose the least effort (networking and ambition) and maximum benefit ( money,free time).

That is why i accomplished nothing to show for a career but i explored and continue to explore myriad of my interests.

Type
    INTP
    Data science works okay for me. Consulting data scientist might be better.

Type
    INTP
    I've done these things while making $5 a delivery for a "starting business" that refused to pay its workers minimum wage, volunteering to make the company email, hiring ads, graphic design and social media. I wish I had asked myself why with a lil more scrutiny. As well as similar things for people with money, big general working ideas, and no desire to implement them themselves. So I guess my brick wall here is: where do you get your foot in the door of actually getting paid?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDaMan View Post
    - Marketing manager (dictating marketing strategy etc)
    - Business strategy manager
    - Digital marketing consultant\advisor
    These are pretty much what I do. It's alright.

Type
    xxxx
    How bout fining a cure for cancer?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by bettypop View Post
    How bout fining a cure for cancer?
    My cynical, anti-big pharma friends would say there's more money in treating something, not curing it.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    My cynical, anti-big pharma friends would say there's more money in treating something, not curing it.

Are your cynical, anti-big pharma friends also anti-vax?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Are your cynical, anti-big pharma friends also anti-vax?
    Split. Well, a few I think fall into anti-vax crowd. I don't know how many of anti vaxers I know. I should/would clarify the anti big pharma moniker if I could. Plenty of people I know have their ax to grind against big pharma, including a doctor who's worked as a consultant in the drug industry. I do know a few people who are likely to side with conspiracy theories when it comes to big pharma. I do think if a cure for cancer were to be able to come with a pill or shot, they'd administer it. They believe they would not cuz they want people to keep coming back. Besides the fact that corporations are too short sided for their own good, my guess is they'd just build additional revenue streams as support to the main cancer curing drug.

I do know a couple of women who are anti vaxxers but don't have kids. Though not statistically or biologically impossible, they're not likely to have kids but I'd still bet one would eat her words and vax. If for no other reason than the age at which she got pregnant. The other would have her kid on so many herbs and holistic foods and supplements, s/he'd likely die chocking on a dirt clog before measles kicked in.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Split. Well, a few I think fall into anti-vax crowd. I don't know how many of anti vaxers I know. I should/would clarify the anti big pharma moniker if I could. Plenty of people I know have their ax to grind against big pharma, including a doctor who's worked as a consultant in the drug industry. I do know a few people who are likely to side with conspiracy theories when it comes to big pharma. I do think if a cure for cancer were to be able to come with a pill or shot, they'd administer it. They believe they would not cuz they want people to keep coming back. Besides the fact that corporations are too short sided for their own good, my guess is they'd just build additional revenue streams as support to the main cancer curing drug.

I do know a couple of women who are anti vaxxers but don't have kids. Though not statistically or biologically impossible, they're not likely to have kids but I'd still bet one would eat her words and vax. If for no other reason than the age at which she got pregnant. The other would have her kid on so many herbs and holistic foods and supplements, s/he'd likely die chocking on a dirt clog before measles kicked in.

Just wondering because big pharma have a cure for cancer (cervical cancer, throat cancer etc). The vaccine against the strains of HPV that most commonly cause cervical cancer (Gardasil) is quite a popular target of the anti-vaxxers.