Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction? Why not!

Type
    INTP

Introduction? Why not!

Hello all,

I'm brand new at INTP Complex, after a rather dull experience at INTJforum and then making a false start at INTP Central.

I hope I can contribute to some fairly/really/darn good conversations here.

By the way...any fellow biotechnologists here?

Type
    INTP
    Hey, welcome aboard.

I'm no biotechnologist, sorry... Couldn't even describe what one is without resorting to guesswork, heh.

Feel free to jump into whatever conversation here.

Edit: INTJforum? Are you an INTP or an INTJ? Just curious, all are welcome. I see your profile says INTP, but don't feel that's a requirement here or anything, haha.

Welcome Ludvik. I'm not a fellow biotechnologist.

I am curious as to your opinion on places like 23andme though.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Welcome!
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Welcome! djm's not around a lot these days but seems to me that biotech is his thing. Specifically stuff that makes crops better/more productive, but he could probably speak to that way better than me.

Type
    INTP
    I am also not a biotechnologist--though I did take a class in computational biology, and another in synthetic biology, so I have tremendous respect for the inherent awesomeness to be found in your field. Welcome to the clubhouse. Do you prefer your alcohol to be made from bacteria breaking down starch, or yeast breaking down sugar?
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    I am not a biotechnologist, but as soon as I Wiki it, I will play one on the internet.

Welcome!
    You're using big words right now that you don't know the meaning of and you're capitalizing them. You shouldn't do that. ~Osito

Type
    INTP
    No need to wiki it. Just go to one of the legit flash game sites and search for "cellcraft". It will get you started at playing a bio-technologist on the internet! (Seriously, it's a pretty cool little educational game.)

Edit: Delilah, you in particular might like the Anatomy Arcade. It not only has Cellcraft, but something called "Whack-a-Bone" and another thing called "Poke a Muscle". I don't yet know what they are, but they sound right up your alley.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    Welcome, cue the video

eyeing you rabbit warrior kitsune's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    a vast moor in the old world brimming with jackrabbits where three rivers decussate
    Would specific forms of forensics count as biotechnology? I used to develop biometric systems for the police: fingerprint analysis, facial recognition and such...