View Poll Results: How many lights are always on in your bedroom?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

3 50.00%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 16.67%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 20 or more

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many always-on lights in your bedroom?

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I chose one, if we count the phone I keep face down.

I'm fairly minimalist, I have a TV set up but not plugged in.

I have some dim starry lights around one wall that I put on when I need light, rather than the main bulb. I can't stand bright lights.. I turn these off when I sleep.

My phone is always near me, and I spend a lot of time on it. I sometimes worry about potential health consequences, but continue anyway.

I use a blue light filter. That's about it.

Should actually be three since I have a power strip and use two alarm clocks usually. I've somehow managed to unconsciously sit up and turn one off enough times that I got a second one.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    The headphones are in a terrycloth headband and I have to position them perfectly in order to hear. They get jostled during the night, and when I wake up and need to go back to sleep, I end up having to reposition them in order to hear, so that's not an issue. I have an ancient 7inch tablet that's too slow for almost everything that I factory reset and uninstalled everything I could uninstall, and then put just my Audible app on. At night I put the charger on my phone so it's always charged up for the day, and during the day I put it on the tablet so that it's always charged up for the night. One could do the same with an obsolete smartphone.

https://www.amazon.com/CozyPhones-Sl...eep+headphones

Thanks to @stigmatica for the audiobook sleep solution. It has been, by far, the most effective thing for my insomnia. When I combine it with a 5mg melatonin, I'm out. My insomnia is wholly an effect of my brain not ever wanting to stfu.
    I snagged these last year when you or stig posted about them. Definitely worth it. If there was I could keep the speaker parts from moving around in the headband so much...my only complaint.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Too many. I don't feel like counting.

Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    I snagged these last year when you or stig posted about them. Definitely worth it. If there was I could keep the speaker parts from moving around in the headband so much...my only complaint.
    Couldn't you just sew around the speaker taking care not to go through the cable to essentially lock them in that position? Putting in some sort of snap buttons would probably be a better idea so you can take it apart to wash but that'd be way more work.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    christmas lights around the perimeter of the ceiling as it should be- duh
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Maybe self stick velcro, hook side, on the back of each speaker?

Mine stay put pretty well...it's the headband itself that moves after I fall asleep. Not sure what I'm doing differently.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    One on an air purifier, but there's tape over it so I never see it.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    My Honeywell® True HEPA Allergen Remover has a light that could be dimmed or shut off but I just dim it.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    None. I have my cell phone as my alarm clock, but it's not lit at night.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Zed for zeraw
    I like my little slice of death to be in the abyss