Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IKEA

Type
    INTP

IKEA

Ikea can get fucked.

Not only is it laid out like a concentration camp (We spent 30 minutes walking through its maze like a mouse searching desperately for cheap, Swedish particle board cheese), there's no actual store attendants there, and the ones that are there avoid customers and have awful customer service skills because no one had the decency to warn them that a communications wasn't exactly the most practical major to pick in terms of translating it to a fruitful career.

Seriously, I know this place is supposed to be like the promised land to young adults looking to inexpensively furnish a dwelling, but as someone who detests shopping, this venture may have been the closest I'll ever experience to a "Hell on Earth"

Type
    INTP
    I've never been a huge fan of Ikea. The stuff there is cheap and breaks really easily. Compared to normal furniture, it's 20% less expensive and 50% less durable. Compared to other flat-packed self-assembled furniture, you can get the same thing at Wal-mart, the Dollar Store, or Target for less money.

Type
    ENTP
    Ikea is great for cheap lamps. That's seriously the only thing I go there for.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    I've been to Ikea once. Never again--at least not for shopping. I think the best purpose to put Ikea to is to go with a couple friends, a video camera, and a script. With a little creative framing, you can easily film a contemporary drama there, and the lack of employees means you probably won't be interrupted before you finish.

Just make sure to pay attention when you make your initial scouting run. Find all the shortcuts so you GTFO when you're done or you'll have another 10 hours of walking to make your escape.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    The Ikea Billy bookshelf was a really good deal until everyone else figured that out and Ikea raised the price of it.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I am offended, sir.

I have a degree in communications and I'm damn proud of it.

Type
    INTP
    I love Ikea!! Never was that big of a fan of their furniture, but you could find some good deals on housewares and textiles there. I got adjustable length drapes for my back room there for something like $15/panel. It beat the hell out of having to order custom length drapes, though it did take me 3 years to get around to ironing them to the right length.

Type
    INTP
    Friends don't let friends buy IKEA.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy IKEA.
    Fact.

But I did get a good pan there.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    IKEA's alright when you live in shared housing with a lot of other people, or move around a lot. If I was living by myself I'd invest in better.