Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Robots Take My Job?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    No results found for "monarch", "president", "capitalist", "prostitute" or "terrorist".
    Heh. If prostitute ever leaves the "totally safe" realm, I would love to observe the effect on society. Especially if one thinks more along the lines of 'sexual partner'.

So...you're saying unlimited sex of any variation AND no obligations?

Type
    INTP
    0.9% totally safe
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

I'm settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Catoptric View Post

I'm settled.
    Does this mean a robot has already taken your job and you're living in a van down by the river?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Does this mean a robot has already taken your job and you're living in a van down by the river?
    I can only hope to have such luxury.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I can only hope to have such luxury.
    what do you do
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by ~h4ct6al~ View Post
    what do you do
    Basically a Manager involved with automation equipment at a "retail establishment." Since I am mostly the one involved with the resetting of self-checkout machines (in addition to clearing things up,) I could be considered expendable if it weren't for the ineptness of the work environment.

Since the only thing showing was "first line supervisor involved in non-retail environment" I went with Customer Service Representative which shows 55% chance of Hal the robot taking over.

I have been considering other places but normally end up cancelling an interview prior to it occurring, on account that I expect it might not be any better a situation (a lot of companies right now seem to be replacing their sales teams, etc. . . It's companies that are freaking out about projected growth and the uncertainty lingering with Trump, that seems to make an unpredictable outcome, where I likely wouldn't put up with it either.) I have little interest in what the job market has available right now and do kind of fantasize about avoiding all of it (not out of laziness; far from it, it's the principle of this society forcing tolerance of intolerant outlooks for preferring to not be a dumb-fuck consumer.)

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Basically a Manager involved with automation equipment at a "retail establishment." Since I am mostly the one involved with the resetting of self-checkout machines (in addition to clearing things up,) I could be considered expendable if it weren't for the ineptness of the work environment.

Since the only thing showing was "first line supervisor involved in non-retail environment" I went with Customer Service Representative which shows 55% chance of Hal the robot taking over.

I have been considering other places but normally end up cancelling an interview prior to it occurring, on account that I expect it might not be any better a situation (a lot of companies right now seem to be replacing their sales teams, etc. . . It's companies that are freaking out about projected growth and the uncertainty lingering with Trump, that seems to make an unpredictable outcome, where I likely wouldn't put up with it either.) I have little interest in what the job market has available right now and do kind of fantasize about avoiding all of it (not out of laziness; far from it, it's the principle of this society forcing tolerance of intolerant outlooks for preferring to not be a dumb-fuck consumer.)
    so you deal with robots- doesnt sound so bad

i fell off the truck today and hit my head and broke my shoulderand i cant move it.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by ~h4ct6al~ View Post
    so you deal with robots- doesnt sound so bad

i fell off the truck today and hit my head and broke my shoulderand i cant move it.
    That's really bad; no doubt dealing with physical labor will always turn out bad in long-term; hope you get better.