Thread: Endless discussion is about what is what who is who, never reaching full circle.

Type
    INTP

Endless discussion is about what is what who is who, never reaching full circle.

Truth is no matter how much a single individual knows or believes just know that you are and someone else are who they are, and they are just numbers and numbers are infinite.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Type
    INFP
    Mustafa, you cheeky devil, is that you?

Type
    INTP
    so to paraphrase lion king - 'the circle jerk of life?'

Type
    INTP
    I was reading 'The First and Last Freedom' by Jiddu Krishnamurti, recently...and I found his perspective to be interesting...as far as I could tell, it was that all knowledge, memory, and preference are programming...and that the only way that we have access to 'what is', is by dispensing with those programs, or at least by disidentifying with them in favour of a state that I'd describe as a sort of alert stillness which is accepting, non-attached, and without preconceptions or desire to capture anything permanent from one instance of existence to transpose onto the next.

As I read the book, I found myself occasionally existing in such a state...and frankly, even the distinction between myself and others seemed to become experienced as an arbitrary program or preconception. I mean, when you disidentify with the specifics of your own mind, you find that you are not it; that it runs without need of volition or any other prompting...you merely observe it doing its thing, always in accord with its design...always with the intention of self-preservation and/or propagation. The mind is basically a database of memes....some good, some true...most neither. It is especially easy to see this in others.

I think that the whole idea only becomes a circle jerk when we attempt to reduce the is-ness of am-ness to a transposable concept...kinda like the colour blue aspiring to comprehend the whole visible spectrum using its own very limited scope and faculties. We simply cannot understand the nature of what we are, so long as we are identified with things that we are not.
    Further, we need to challenge the notion that what we are ends at the border of what we perceive.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung