Thread: App reviews

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

App reviews

I don't think I'll be posting in this thread very often, but I installed Grammarly and removed it the next day. I thought it would correct my spelling and stuff while translating or posting, but all it does is slow things down and sometimes even expects me to open a new window for editing. Fuck off, Grammarly.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Asana is currently ruling my life in a good way. I can keep lists of everything and notes about all the items all in one place that syncs across all my devices. The only thing was that a couple weeks ago the Asana server was down for 87 minutes and I thought I was going to die.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Slack

I'm not on it because I want to be (and I don't think anyone actually is), but its bullshitty commisseration greetings when I log in are really starting to get on my nerves. Like first it was all, "We're all in this together - your friends at Slack" and I'm like, "Speak for yourself, bitch, I'm just passing through. " I thought the tone was weird, noted it was in the spirit of "misery loves company" and wondered if they realized that. But it's only getting worse now. Today the message was "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes, well, it eats you."

Are you fucking kidding me? I'm not working at an office but I have to log in from the comfort of my own home to listen to this idiot corp-speak. UGH. When I have some free time I'm going to send them an email.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Slack

I'm not on it because I want to be (and I don't think anyone actually is), but its bullshitty commisseration greetings when I log in are really starting to get on my nerves. Like first it was all, "We're all in this together - your friends at Slack" and I'm like, "Speak for yourself, bitch, I'm just passing through. " I thought the tone was weird, noted it was in the spirit of "misery loves company" and wondered if they realized that. But it's only getting worse now. Today the message was "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes, well, it eats you."

Are you fucking kidding me? I'm not working at an office but I have to log in from the comfort of my own home to listen to this idiot corp-speak. UGH. When I have some free time I'm going to send them an email.
    My work team uses slack, we generally have it running all day.
    You should be able to customize the loading messages by modifying this to your subdomain: https://<your company>.slack.com/customize/loading

I've added a few, such as:
    "We need to talk about your flair..."
    "the devil Luxury, with his fat rump and potato-finger"
    "Don't worry, I'll hold your stuff. You just worry about making friends." -Cargo shorts

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Asana is currently ruling my life in a good way. I can keep lists of everything and notes about all the items all in one place that syncs across all my devices. The only thing was that a couple weeks ago the Asana server was down for 87 minutes and I thought I was going to die.
    There is something very calming about Asana. Less grating than basecamp or jira.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    "Don't worry, I'll hold your stuff. You just worry about making friends." -Cargo shorts
    That was you? Because that one comes up periodically in ours too.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    That was you? Because that one comes up periodically in ours too.
    Someone at your place would have added it. Watch out for that guy, he might be a serial killer.

Type
    INTP
    I just started using Trello. So far I like it. I had been trying to use OmniFocus. I originally chose it because it's not a web app, so you can use it even if you don't have internet access. And then it still syncs across all of your devices once you have internet access. But I just couldn't get into it. I haven't been using Trello for long, but so far I like how visual it is and I can get a large overview of everything at once.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    My work team uses slack, we generally have it running all day.
    You should be able to customize the loading messages by modifying this to your subdomain: https://<your company>.slack.com/customize/loading

I've added a few, such as:
    "We need to talk about your flair..."
    "the devil Luxury, with his fat rump and potato-finger"
    I'll see about that as soon as I can afford to be seen on slack again, if anyone tries to give me one more task right now I am gonna lose my sanity.

New rant: AdwCleaner

Loved it (Latch reccomended it in another thread). But ever since it merged with Malwarebytes, it has not found a single virus on my computer. What is going on?? Is it lying to me?