Thread: The Tarot Thread

I'll show u the dark side slush puppie's Avatar
    Type
    INFP

The Tarot Thread

want to share the cool artwork of your Tarot deck? would you like to have a reading, or several, done without incurring the $20-50 fee most psychics charge? do you need help interpreting a past reading? do you have a lot of experience with the Tarot and feel you could be of assistance to newcomers? have you ever had any particularly noteworthy experiences with the Tarot?

this thread will be for posting on all things Tarot.

Type
    INFP
    Deck: The Golden Tarot, inspired by the Visconti-Sforza and Rider-Waite decks

Level of Reader: Beginner

Layout: Past, Present, Future

Date of Reading: January 7, 2017

Subject of Reading: The fate of a romantic relationship, or something like it, I was sort of involved in at the time (yes I know it is a silly subject but that's what was on my mind at the time)

this was my first ever reading. basically, because i'm still very much a beginner i am posting this to see if anyone can help with interpretation. i know it is more important what the cards mean to me and how these meanings pertain to the subject of my reading, but other people may still be able to help me along. here is what i have so far:

1 -- Past -- The Hermit (Reversed): the Hermit is Virgo, which as it so happens features prominently in my astrological chart. the Hermit is a loner by choice, choosing to abstain from prolonged contact with society and people and all the things that come with it, in order to further develop his abilities, keep his intellect sharp and clear, and in some cases to commune with the subtle, unseen forces. however, here the card is reversed, which implies that this isolation is not by choice and that it is not acting as a catalyst for growth but rather as an agent of stagnation or even degeneration. put into the context of the subject, this is very fitting as i went through quite a rough patch in the last 5-10 years where i essentially had a mental breakdown and withdrew from nearly all my social contacts. though i would say that i am recovered at this point, still i will never be the same person, open and trusting and carefree as i once was; it seems to me that my life will forever resemble that of the Hermit after this happening, although it need not be the harmful kind of isolation.

2 -- Present -- Page of Swords: ???

3 -- Future -- Two of Swords (Reversed): all i could really derive from this is that it is quite the coincidence that it should be a couple of swords, given the subject of the reading. the other two cards in the reading feature singular subjects, both of them human/animate. the way they're turned upside-down like that makes me feel like they're going to stab me.
    Last edited by slush puppie; 06-15-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Ah, I didn't even see this till just.. awesome!

There's this pretty cool occult shop in Birmingham called Zen that I'm gonna go shopping in, I've been thinking about it forever.

First purchase, their Rider-Waite deck... Then I don't know... I don't know how deep I want to get into that stuff.

But I'm definitely going to tip my toe in

Be sure to keep checking in for my updates.

(I'll be studying Tarot along side Kabbalah.. but I keep getting paranoid about Kabbalah being "satanic", or a machination of the hungry ghosts .. or not, maybe it is just archetypal psycho-spiritual alchemy )
    "One need not destroy one's enemy. One need only destroy his willingness to engage"

- Sun Tzu

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by slush puppie View Post
    Deck: The Golden Tarot, inspired by the Visconti-Sforza and Rider-Waite decks

Level of Reader: Beginner

Layout: Past, Present, Future

Date of Reading: January 7, 2017

Subject of Reading: The fate of a romantic relationship, or something like it, I was sort of involved in at the time (yes I know it is a silly subject but that's what was on my mind at the time)

this was my first ever reading. basically, because i'm still very much a beginner i am posting this to see if anyone can help with interpretation. i know it is more important what the cards mean to me and how these meanings pertain to the subject of my reading, but other people may still be able to help me along. here is what i have so far:

1 -- Past -- The Hermit (Reversed): the Hermit is Virgo, which as it so happens features prominently in my astrological chart. the Hermit is a loner by choice, choosing to abstain from prolonged contact with society and people and all the things that come with it, in order to further develop his abilities, keep his intellect sharp and clear, and in some cases to commune with the subtle, unseen forces. however, here the card is reversed, which implies that this isolation is not by choice and that it is not acting as a catalyst for growth but rather as an agent of stagnation or even degeneration. put into the context of the subject, this is very fitting as i went through quite a rough patch in the last 5-10 years where i essentially had a mental breakdown and withdrew from nearly all my social contacts. though i would say that i am recovered at this point, still i will never be the same person, open and trusting and carefree as i once was; it seems to me that my life will forever resemble that of the Hermit after this happening, although it need not be the harmful kind of isolation.

2 -- Present -- Page of Swords: ???

3 -- Future -- Two of Swords (Reversed): all i could really derive from this is that it is quite the coincidence that it should be a couple of swords, given the subject of the reading. the other two cards in the reading feature singular subjects, both of them human/animate. the way they're turned upside-down like that makes me feel like they're going to stab me.

I don't have the answers but according to a page on Google the Two of Swords

is the card of turning your back on love and sticking with a stalemate
    Could be indicative of your sex obsession

I find it fitting that you pulled the Hermit, because if I remember right, it wasn't too long ago when you were a hermit... But you suddenly came of your shell.
    "One need not destroy one's enemy. One need only destroy his willingness to engage"

- Sun Tzu

Type
    INTP
    I am an experienced Tarot reader. I'd be happy to provide any insight. (see my sig)

FWIW/imho, just glancing at the cards and a bit of your context, I'd suggest there is an inversion of perception or expectations afoot, and a slow burn and/or subtle one. The Hermit's influence versus that of the Page of Swords, and with the Two of Swords -- all arranged as they are (and in the context as I understand it), suggests this. It suggests a hidden and/or drawn out stalemate, as might be drawn out by the competition between the Hermit (a force greater than yourself, or so it feels) and the Page of Swords (a key to a capacity/calling within you), in super short/high-level.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Ah, I didn't even see this till just.. awesome!

There's this pretty cool occult shop in Birmingham called Zen that I'm gonna go shopping in, I've been thinking about it forever.

First purchase, their Rider-Waite deck... Then I don't know... I don't know how deep I want to get into that stuff.

But I'm definitely going to tip my toe in

Be sure to keep checking in for my updates.

(I'll be studying Tarot along side Kabbalah.. but I keep getting paranoid about Kabbalah being "satanic", or a machination of the hungry ghosts .. or not, maybe it is just archetypal psycho-spiritual alchemy )
    funny, i was half-expecting you to scold me for indulging in this stuff

i have my reservations about it, as i'm sure you understand

astrology seems more benevolent and i'm much better at it, though still a novice at that too

opens up the debate again, of course

and i just think for people who study spiritual matters, we really want to believe in benevolent entities and forces, particularly outside of the orthodox modalities

for, what forces do give the tarot its power? the easiest path to suprahuman ability is through the dark beings... i do think there are other paths, but it requires discipline and clarity

you should let me know what you find in that shop

Type
    INFP
    @Ptah

excellent! i'll be looking into those

i just realized you have your own tarot readings thread also. i'll check it out soon if i can, not sure if i have access

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by slush puppie View Post
    funny, i was half-expecting you to scold me for indulging in this stuff

i have my reservations about it, as i'm sure you understand

astrology seems more benevolent and i'm much better at it, though still a novice at that too

opens up the debate again, of course

and i just think for people who study spiritual matters, we really want to believe in benevolent entities and forces, particularly outside of the orthodox modalities

for, what forces do give the tarot its power? the easiest path to suprahuman ability is through the dark beings... i do think there are other paths, but it requires discipline and clarity

you should let me know what you find in that shop

Here's what my favorite discarnate entity has to say on the Tarot:

44.16 Questioner: As an ending question I will just ask is it possible, then, for the ipsissimus to have either positive or negative polarity, or must he be neither?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall respond to the meaning of this term in a specialized sense. The ipsissimus is one who has mastered the Tree of Life and has used this mastery for negative polarization.

Is there any brief query which we may respond to as we take leave of this instrument?

76.12 Questioner: But I am assuming that the concepts of the tarot and the magical concepts Tree of Life, etc., were not in use by Ra. I suspect, possibly, some form of astrology was a previous Ra concept. This is just a guess. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. To express Ra’s methods of study of the archetypical mind under the system of distortions which we enjoyed would be to skew your own judgment of that which is appropriate for the system of distortions forming the conditions in which you learn/teach. Therefore, we must invoke the Law of Confusion.

76.9 Questioner: Is there, in Ra’s opinion, any present-day value for the reuse of the tarot as an aid in the evolutionary process?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall repeat information. It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will. You have three basic choices. You may choose astrology, the twelve signs, as you call these portions of your planet’s energy web, and what has been called the ten planets. You may choose the tarot with its twenty-two so-called Major Arcana. You may choose the study of the so-called Tree of Life with its ten Sephiroth and the twenty-two relationships between the stations.

It is well to investigate each discipline, not as a dilettante, but as one who seeks the touchstone, one who wishes to feel the pull of the magnet. One of these studies will be more attractive to the seeker. Let the seeker then investigate the archetypical mind using, basically, one of these three disciplines. After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in an unique fashion its understanding, if you may again pardon the noun, of the archetypical mind.
    http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=kabbalah

76.6 Questioner:
    Sorry we have had such a long delay between the last session and this one. It couldn’t be helped I guess. Could you please tell me the origin of the tarot?

Ra: I am Ra. The origin of this system of study and divination is twofold: firstly, there is that influence which, coming in a distorted fashion from those who were priests attempting to teach the Law of One in Egypt, gave form to the understanding, if you will pardon the misnomer, which they had received. These forms were then made a regular portion of the learn/teachings of an initiate.

The second influence is that of those entities in the lands you call Ur, Chaldea, and Mesopotamia who, from old, had received the, shall we say, data for which they called having to do with the heavens. Thusly we find two methods of divination being melded into one with uneven results; the, as you call it, astrology and the form being combined to suggest what you might call the correspondences which are typical of the distortions you may see as attempts to view archetypes.

76.7 Questioner: Then am I correct in assuming that the priests in Egypt, in attempting to convert knowledge that they had received initially from Ra into understandable symbology, constructed and initiated the concept of the tarot? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct with the addition of the Sumerian influence.

77.11Questioner: Thank you. I would like to go back to the plan of this Logos for Its creation and examine the philosophical basis that is the foundation for what was created in this local creation and the philosophy of the plan for experience.

I am assuming that I am correct in stating that the foundation for this, as we have stated many times before, is the first distortion. After that, what was the plan in a philosophical sense?

Ra: I am Ra. We cannot reply due to a needed portion of your query which has been omitted; that is, do we speak of this particular Logos?

77.12 Questioner: That is correct. I am asking with respect to this particular Logos, our sun, in creating the experience of its planetary system and those sub-Logoi of it.

Ra: I am Ra. This query has substance. We shall begin by turning to an observation of a series of concept complexes of which you are familiar as the tarot.

The philosophy was to create a foundation, first of mind, then of body, and then of spiritual complex. Those concept complexes you call the tarot lie then in three groups of seven: the mind cycle, one through seven; the physical complex cycle, eight through fourteen; the spiritual complex cycle, fifteen through twenty-one. The last concept complex may best be termed The Choice.

Upon the foundation of transformation of each complex, with free will guided by the root concepts offered in these cycles, the Logos offered this density the basic architecture of a building and constructing and synthesizing of data culminating in The Choice.

77.13 Questioner: Then for me to condense your statement, I see it meaning that there are seven basic philosophical foundations for mental experience, seven for bodily, seven for spiritual, and that these produce the polarization that we experience some time during the third-density cycle. This may be very poorly stated on my part. Am I close to correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct in that you perceive the content of our prior statement with accuracy. You are incorrect in that you have no mention of the, shall we say, location of all of these concept complexes; that is, they exist within the roots of the mind and it is from this resource that their guiding influence and leitmotifs may be traced.

You may further note that each foundation is itself not single but a complex of concepts. Furthermore, there are relationships between mind, body, and spirit of the same location in octave, for instance: one, eight, fifteen, and relationships within each octave which are helpful in the pursuit of The Choice by the mind/body/spirit complex. The Logos under which these foundations stand is one of free will. Thusly the foundations may be seen to have unique facets and relationships for each mind/body/spirit complex. Only twenty-two, The Choice, is relatively fixed and single.

Continued...
    http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=Tarot
    Last edited by Sinny; 06-27-2017 at 07:23 AM.

- Sun Tzu

Type
    INFP
    Could be indicative of your sex obsession
    It's not about sex, it's about freedom and beauty and relationship :|

Sex would be nice, but it is more tangential to what I truly desire, an outgrowth of the core state of living I would like to achieve.

I derive great enjoyment out of very subtle things, like the way a woman speaks or dresses, etc., etc. and often want to spend time with them just for these little things.

Sometimes I get into the habit of seeing some women as sex objects, and this is very harmful as it inhibits my ability to build relationships with them, which in the end is what it's all about.

Which leads into...

I find it fitting that you pulled the Hermit, because if I remember right, it wasn't too long ago when you were a hermit... But you suddenly came of your shell
    I could create a whole thread about the reasons. For one thing, the psychic invasion is always too much for me. I'm very attuned to how much I'm melding myself with outside entities at any given time, and vice-versa. I can feel "aliens" crawling about my mind, and I really have very little psychic protection against the intrusions, although sometimes I do psychic shielding and healing on myself by visualizing a white light around me.