Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello INTPcomplex this is AsENTP

Type
    XNTP

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBibbit View Post
    Nice first post. I will keep this in mind if I ever decide to start stalking you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    If I only remember 1/4 of that I could convincingly lie about being married to you for 10 years.
    Good luck with that. Why do some people react so negative about open and honest dialog about who someone is?

Yes, some crazy person could use this information along with other information I've posted online to make my life more difficult. But here the truth, I am not really that interesting and the process of figuring out who I am and where I live, or who my family is. Is too difficult for a random crazy person to single me out on a forum site.

The Truth is this. Most people aren't stalkers. Most Stalkers, stalk people they fine interesting, of the people they find interesting they generally stalk easy prey.

I'm not posting my credit card number or my social Security number on any site. I don't even use my real name on most site (other than my personal blog.)

If you were inclined and you could match up my writing here with my blog site. (there not identical but have similar themes and wordings as they both come from my head) However, in the end that would only give you my name. You could match that up with were I said I lived in this conversation but I don't have a land line phone (because who does these day) so, I'm not listed in any list of residents you could find online.

Basically, no one could only learn too much without hacking me or some other tricks and you could technically do that without me post a long post about who I am. Therefore, this is simply a long-winded rant about how be vague and non-specific doesn't make you any more secure than someone that is.

Crazy people are crazy and I can't live my life in fear of what someone else might do. That no life at all.

Yes, its possible that these post where not intended in a negative light in that case I still wanted to post my opinion about this issue early on.

I honestly, don't care if you know who I am. I am a just some person on the internet with lots of opinions and few listeners. That is why I join forum sites and write blogs. I have a lot to say and I want to increase my listener pool. If one of those people decide to go crazy on me, well that there choice they are there own free agent and nothing I do, will change that. I'm here to talk candidly about ideas and maybe learn some interesting thought from others along the way.

Mic dropped.
    Last edited by AntisocialENTP; 06-17-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Type
    XNTP
    Did you know its technically illegal to represent yourself by a username other than you given name online?

The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act classify misrepresenting yourself online as hacking. Of course that's only in the U.S. Really, it's dumb and not enforced but it one of those laws the feds can invoke when they can't make the charges the want to make stick.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by AntisoicialENTP View Post
    Good luck with that. Why do some people react so negative about open and honest dialog about who someone is?

Yes, some crazy person could use this information along with other information I've posted online to make my life more difficult. But here the truth, I am not really that interesting and the process of figuring out who I am and where I live, or who my family is. Is too difficult for a random crazy person to single me out on a forum site.

The Truth is this. Most people aren't stalkers. Most Stalkers, stalk people they fine interesting, of the people they find interesting they generally stalk easy prey.

I'm not posting my credit card number or my social Security number on any site. I don't even use my real name on most site (other than my personal blog.)

If you were inclined and you could match up my writing here with my blog site. (there not identical but have similar themes and wordings as they both come from my head) However, in the end that would only give you my name. You could match that up with were I said I lived in this conversation but I don't have a land line phone (because who does these day) so, I'm not listed in any list of residents you could find online.

Basically, no one could only learn too much without hacking me or some other tricks and you could technically do that without me post a long post about who I am. Therefore, this is simply a long-winded rant about how be vague and non-specific doesn't make you any more secure than someone that is.

Crazy people are crazy and I can't live my life in fear of what someone else might do. That no life at all.

Yes, its possible that these post where not intended in a negative light in that case I still wanted to post my opinion about this issue early on.

I honestly, don't care if you know who I am. I am a just some person on the internet with lots of opinions and few listeners. That is why I join forum sites and write blogs. I have a lot to say and I want to increase my listener pool. If one of those people decide to go crazy on me, well that there choice they are there own free agent and nothing I do, will change that. I'm here to talk candidly about ideas and maybe learn some interesting thought from others along the way.

Mic dropped.
    I don't know, those posts seemed more like a clever way of saying, "You included more information in your introduction than I would have been comfortable sharing about myself online" than any kind of negativity. INTPs don't always see how what we say is going to be received by others (#notallINTPs). We also tend to be smartasses, and not everyone gets the sense of humor. I, of course, cannot speak for the people who made the posts you quoted, but I suspect you may have taken these posts in a more hostile way than was intended. One was made by someone every bit as new as yourself, and the other by someone who can tend toward friendly silliness. (see the feet thread if you don't believe me)

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your first post. It is way more information than most people would be comfortable sharing about themselves all at once with brand new people (though those of us who have been here for a while have probably shared as much and more over time), and that tells me you are not a typical person. I am not a big fan of the typical. We at INTPx welcome a great many extremely atypical people, many of whom disagree about almost everything. I won't say things never get negative and hostile here, but trust me when I say this wasn't an example thereof. I look forward to your presence here and your contributions, which I don't doubt will be atypical and interesting.

PS: While we don't specifically mention impersonation of a spouse or stalking, you can rest assured that we would ban a person who undertook to do these things as they would be violating the illegal conduct rule. Doxxing is also against the rules, but that doesn't mean we can keep people from using the information you give them should they so choose. The internet is not a safe place, but you don't strike me as the sort who doesn't think these things through.
    Last edited by Sistamatic; 06-17-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I used to be a professor, and as such I've edited/graded the writing of thousands of different people. Your grammar and spelling patterns are interesting. Everyone makes errors, even professional editors, and most people cannot see their own mistakes because they see what they meant instead of what they typed. It isn't the fact of your errors that intrigues me, it is the manner of them. The errors don't seem to be due to a lack of knowledge as to what is correct, but rather a consequence of your brain bypassing an aspect of the grammar/spelling section of your brain on the way to the keyboard. Almost as if you are so focused on content that the rest becomes inconsequential. It isn't unique, but it is unusual. I have a hypothesis about this pattern based on data accumulated through the years. You wouldn't happen to have once been considered dyslexic, but have now outgrown it?
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I don't know, those posts seemed more like a clever way of saying, "You included more information in your introduction than I would have been comfortable sharing about myself online" than any kind of negativity. INTPs don't always see how what we say is going to be received by others (#notallINTPs). We also tend to be smartasses, and not everyone gets the sense of humor. I, of course, cannot speak for the people who made the posts you quoted, but I suspect you may have taken these posts in a more hostile way than was intended. One was made by someone every bit as new as yourself, and the other by someone who can tend toward friendly silliness. (see the feet thread if you don't believe me)

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your first post. It is way more information than most people would be comfortable sharing about themselves all at once with brand new people (though those of us who have been here for a while have probably shared as much and more over time), and that tells me you are not a typical person. I am not a big fan of the typical. We at INTPx welcome a great many extremely atypical people, many of whom disagree about almost everything. I won't say things never get negative and hostile here, but trust me when I say this wasn't an example thereof. I look forward to your presence here and your contributions, which I don't doubt will be atypical and interesting.

PS: While we don't specifically mention impersonation of a spouse or stalking, you can rest assured that we would ban a person who undertook to do these things as they would be violating the illegal conduct rule. Doxxing is also against the rules, but that doesn't mean we can keep people from using the information you give them should they so choose. The internet is not a safe place, but you don't strike me as the sort who doesn't think these things through.
    Ya, sorry this was a response to the internet nature of things more than these two post. I understand the jest in both and I'm not particularly worried about either of these individuals being predatory. They made comments based off of there interpretation of my post and they are free to do so and I don't feel any negativity towards them as such.

I.E.

Type
    INtP
    Don't take offense to this, AntisoicialENTP, but have you been diagnosed with Asperger's?

Also with the spelling--I wouldn't sweat it too much because we can understand what you are trying to say. However the misspelling of "antisocial" in your username, if it wasn't intentional, may make it difficult for people to tag you. I think the admin/mod can fix that for you if you are interested.

Type
    XNTP
    I used to be a professor, and as such I've edited/graded the writing of thousands of different people. Your grammar and spelling patterns are interesting. Everyone makes errors, even professional editors, and most people cannot see their own mistakes because they see what they meant instead of what they typed. It isn't the fact of your errors that intrigues me, it is the manner of them. The errors don't seem to be due to a lack of knowledge as to what is correct, but rather a consequence of your brain bypassing an aspect of the grammar/spelling section of your brain on the way to the keyboard. Almost as if you are so focused on content that the rest becomes inconsequential. It isn't unique, but it is unusual. I have a hypothesis about this pattern based on data accumulated through the years. You wouldn't happen to have once been considered dyslexic, but have now outgrown it?
    No, I have never been considered dyslexic at least not officially. I not particularly offended by the correlation as I've been asked many times if this was the case. Honestly, I don't know my spelling and grammar mistakes are prevalent. Honestly, it's just as likely more troubling to me than most of my readers. i do wish to communicate effectively and I believe that I have intelligent statements to make.

I really think the issue is do to both my typing and brain process speed. I use to be a horrible typer because I didn't grow up in a house with a computer. In high school I had to take a type class were our final grades where based out or typing speed (not necessarily typing accuracy). I ended up failing this class the first time I took it than passing with a C the second time. I since have become a better typer likely more accurate as well but I now type rather fast and my brain can processes just as fast. I type probably twice as fast as it can read so it impossible for me to proof read my work as I am doing it. After I'm done like you said my brain plays the trick that things are communicated as I wish not as they are. This combined with my below average spelling ability (not that far below), and my tendency to rush my auto-correct and rely on it more than I should are really the main issues (I think).

I certainly have approved my editing skills over time which might the mistake I do make appear more odd.

That basically the best way I know how to categorize the problem. I don't see numbers or words jumble in my thoughts. I never suffered from the conditions of condition of Dyslexia as far as I understand it.

Again, I'm replaying purely logically, I not offended or put off by any idea or assumption someone may have about my mental state. Honestly, I appreciate you bringing it up so I can discus it. Thanks.

P.S. Case in point I was misspelling "appreciate" as "aprechat" and the Auto Correct Kept wanting to change it to "character". There might be some days were I would rush threw my edit process and my sentence could read. "Honestly, I character you bringing it up so I can discus it." Which I'm sure you wouldn't likely understand. However, If I massed edited thing I could have missed that, as I know I have miss mistakes that bad in the pass.

The other issue is an can be very flippant with "," coma uses. Grammatically speaking this one is more of an issue of something caring enough about it and other times, I'm more preoccupied with what I am trying to say.
    Last edited by AntisocialENTP; 06-17-2017 at 03:34 PM. Reason: bolden "More preoccupied with what I am trying to say"

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Don't take offense to this, AntisoicialENTP, but have you been diagnosed with Asperger's?

Also with the spelling--I wouldn't sweat it too much because we can understand what you are trying to say. However the misspelling of "antisocial" in your username, if it wasn't intentional, may make it difficult for people to tag you. I think the admin/mod can fix that for you if you are interested.
    Thank you, I just figured that out earlier this morning and already sent a request to have it fixed.

As far as Asperger's I once had a teacher talk to me, about his assumption that I may have a very high functioning Autism.

I don't take offense to it. That being said, I never been diagnoses with any such condition. When I was a Child I couldn't talk effectively until I was almost 9 years old. I had many hearing related problems and neglect as a very young child. However, they thought there may be more to my communication issue than simply hearing issues, so I went threw a battery of test in first and second grade. The only abnormality they could detect was a higher than average IQ.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I used to be a professor, and as such I've edited/graded the writing of thousands of different people. Your grammar and spelling patterns are interesting. Everyone makes errors, even professional editors, and most people cannot see their own mistakes because they see what they meant instead of what they typed. It isn't the fact of your errors that intrigues me, it is the manner of them. The errors don't seem to be due to a lack of knowledge as to what is correct, but rather a consequence of your brain bypassing an aspect of the grammar/spelling section of your brain on the way to the keyboard.
    He gets a lot of flack for the way he types and thinks and he was chased out of the old forum by people being just mean to him. They accused him of not being a real person and made fun of his ever present spelling errors. He does have something different about his brain and I think he described it as some auditory block or disconnect- I have it also but not to the extent he does(I have to edit almost 90% of my posts because I see my errors only after I post them and sometimes I don't understand anything spoken to me).
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by ~h4ct6al~ View Post
    He gets a lot of flack for the way he types and thinks and he was chased out of the old forum by people being just mean to him. They accused him of not being a real person and made fun of his ever present spelling errors. He does have something different about his brain and I think he described it as some auditory block or disconnect- I have it also but not to the extent he does(I have to edit almost 90% of my posts because I see my errors only after I post them and sometimes I don't understand anything spoken to me).
    Wait, what?

Is this Chad Solloway?

How the hell do you know all this, you resident stalker you.