Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello INTPcomplex this is AsENTP

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Hello again Chad.
    I figured your spelling wasn't fair game as it could be something you can't help, but you were quick to brag about your high IQ, so you opened yourself up like a poor chess move.
    I have a cousin that you remind me of. He likes twinkies and Lord of the rings. I bet you do to.
    Not really a super fan of either. I'm not a huge junk foody but I do eat them some times. If I lived in a different era I'm sure I would love the Lords of the Rings because for a time it was the only adult fantasy world in existence. These days its kind of dated, still interesting and revolutionary for its time. Its just not the only fish sea these days and I prefer the other fish more.

Style wise, many today might call me a hipster but I was into those things well before it became culturally popular.

Type
    XNTP
    Temperament.

So, the cats out of the bag and some of you recognize me for other forum sites I use to visit. That okay, and I'm slightly flatter that my presence was so remembered after so many years. For the good or the bad I guess. (unless you remember me from ENTP.org which only closed down last year)

However, I have many of most post back then came across (in my perception of others responses) whinny and emotional. Partly, not even do to what I was saying but what I was replaying too. The honest truth is that intent is hard to express in written forum. While towards the end of those experiences when I felt like I was facing out right hostility (rather I was or not is unclear) I did have a little emotional breakage. For the most part I was trying to rationalize and dig. These are my instinctive reactions for confusion.

I am a "T" Thinker, first and foremost it's my defense mechanism that being said I do feel. For me the situations in life are hard for me to control analytically,

1. Death, I always had a hard time with death and coping with loss. Which is strange because for the most part I've never lose anyone that close to me. But Death itself is so final that I have a hard time dealing with it rationally.

2. Attacks on my Intellect, I have few arrogant attributes, and these tend to me my Achilles heals. There are two things that I do better than the average person and attacking them or belittle their contribution to my life will generally result in anger. It's not as much insecurity as belligerent security. I've never (at least as an adult) claimed to be smarter than any specific person. I only claim to be smarter than the average person. An imaginary construct of the human condition. A person that doesn't exist. I know that I'm not the smartest person in the world and anyone I speak to my be part of the 5-10% or so of the population that is smarter than me. Especially, on a forum site that is dedicated to a thinking class.

3. My other above average ability is self awareness. This is why I get defensive when someone challenges who I am. I honestly, learned my lesson and swayed away from give out personal information such as my name and image on these type of sites. A practice I intend to keep as the issue of my selflessness never came up the last time I was on a forum.

So, there you go, I am human and i have emotional faults. That being said I don't need to be treated with kids gloves and I am open to real conversation even about issues that i have a hard time dealing with emotionally. As all of you (I assume) I still wish to grow farther and I enjoy having respect conversation about anything really.

If my post come across emotional I assure you that 90% of the time your reading emotional context into a logical void. I'm a happy person and consider myself and optimistic realist. I realize bad things happen and some people to conditioning or psychoses do commit evil acts. However, these are the acceptation not the rule. People in generally are more interest in self interest than causing harm to anyone else. Therefore as long as you allow them to pursue their self interest people are generally very agreeable.

I don't like or dislike anyone here and that is unlikely to change because i realize that you are all personas that you portray online. Personally, I like to portray a online persona that is as similar as possible to who I am. I very conscious and secure in the person I am and I don't feel the need to portray myself as something different. I'm sure that I am not the only confident individual on the site but like you are unlikely to take my word for it, I am unlikely to take your word either. As humans we sometimes lie (myself included).

I'm here to talk (write) and hopefully find some listeners. While at the same time learning something for this community. This is a easy way to find people that at least have a similar enough mindset that thinking isn't foreign to them. I'm sure we will all disagree with each other on many issues. However, the similarity test in the welcome section show that opinion wise when give vague choices that I agree with each of you over 50% of the time (of those that have taken the test). Which is impressive, because there are few people on the plant that agree with me 50% of the time even in vague terms.

So, while I miss my ENTP crowed because I might relate to them slightly better INTP's still get me and I get you. (besides the whole needing to isolate yourself to recharge thing.) Than again I don't get the Idea of recharging in social situation either. The whole idea of needing to recharging is foreign to me. But maybe that because I have ADHD and therefore have excess energy reserve.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by AntisocialENTP View Post
    Good luck with that. Why do some people react so negative about open and honest dialog about who someone is?

Yes, some crazy person could use this information along with other information I've posted online to make my life more difficult. But here the truth, I am not really that interesting and the process of figuring out who I am and where I live, or who my family is. Is too difficult for a random crazy person to single me out on a forum site.

The Truth is this. Most people aren't stalkers. Most Stalkers, stalk people they fine interesting, of the people they find interesting they generally stalk easy prey.

I'm not posting my credit card number or my social Security number on any site. I don't even use my real name on most site (other than my personal blog.)

If you were inclined and you could match up my writing here with my blog site. (there not identical but have similar themes and wordings as they both come from my head) However, in the end that would only give you my name. You could match that up with were I said I lived in this conversation but I don't have a land line phone (because who does these day) so, I'm not listed in any list of residents you could find online.

Basically, no one could only learn too much without hacking me or some other tricks and you could technically do that without me post a long post about who I am. Therefore, this is simply a long-winded rant about how be vague and non-specific doesn't make you any more secure than someone that is.

Crazy people are crazy and I can't live my life in fear of what someone else might do. That no life at all.

Yes, its possible that these post where not intended in a negative light in that case I still wanted to post my opinion about this issue early on.

I honestly, don't care if you know who I am. I am a just some person on the internet with lots of opinions and few listeners. That is why I join forum sites and write blogs. I have a lot to say and I want to increase my listener pool. If one of those people decide to go crazy on me, well that there choice they are there own free agent and nothing I do, will change that. I'm here to talk candidly about ideas and maybe learn some interesting thought from others along the way.

Mic dropped.
    I have no comment other than you took what I said completely the wrong way.

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBibbit View Post
    I have no comment other than you took what I said completely the wrong way.
    Sorry, it really wasn't you.

Type
    XNTP
    I apologize for my explosion onto this thread as do to recent life changing events for me it will be unlikely for me to keep up with this forum as regularly in the future. The next few days/weeks possibly months (hopefully not) I might have some post here and there as things will likely start rolling forward slowly. However, I am expecting my IRL activity level to increase to the point that my constant forum interactions will become impossible.

I'm not leaving, but I can't put up the same level of responses.

I'll see everyone in the future. I'm really enjoying my time here.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    This happened before. I remember you quickly gauging feedback by saying you were leaving. It was a bit like James Brown where the man comes along on the stage and puts his little cape on and he looks done in, but then he gets a second wind and just starts bussin' out the funk all over again.
    now we know.

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    This happened before. I remember you quickly gauging feedback by saying you were leaving. It was a bit like James Brown where the man comes along on the stage and puts his little cape on and he looks done in, but then he gets a second wind and just starts bussin' out the funk all over again.
    Interesting observation. I don't recall this specifically but anything possible. However, this isn't a ploy as I just started the process of returning to school which will take up much of my time until August as It was a last minute realization that I could afford it. I'm playing to double major so I expect much of my time spent with class related projects after that. I was currently just hanging out at my house between Jobs so I had a lot of free time. Something I am and likely will be running short on in the future. It doesn't mean I'm leaving it simply means that the time I have to go threw countless threads and make post is not more limited.