Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Apologetics

Type
    XNTP

Christian Apologetics

I'm choosing to be logically challenged by non-christians. (Or even Christian if they want to hear the aguments)

I don't have 100% of the answers and will likely never receive such revelation.~ 50% of my opinions are based off of my understanding of scripture. ~40% is Intuition. 0% was spoken to me by God himself (auditable revolutions) as of such I don't hear God directly speak to me or through me. The remaining 10% I just don't have a clue however (I assume) that is less than the average atheist could claim. Who simply rejects what they don't know an as fantasy or delusions.

I will give the best defence I can for my beliefs. In the end this is simply practice for me because (as of yet) I've never had substantial reasons to abandon my beliefs. On the other side belief is based on Faith and no matter how narrow I make the gap logically you can never have Faith with accepting that you can't understand it completely logically.

So this is my experimet, my exercise, my game. But everyone is welcome to play.

I'll try to answer all questions within 24 hr. But please understand that I am only one person and I'm trying to respond as diligently as possible so if this gets popular I'll answer questions in order as fast as I can. Also my answer may legitimately be "I don't know". I also withhold the right to be wrong and change my mind.

Banned
    Type
    XXXX
    sam harris christopher hitchens fap fap fap.

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubjay View Post
    sam harris christopher hitchens fap fap fap.
    ??

Type
    INTP
    Why do you believe in the scriptures?
    Weren't they written by man? How do you know the devil himself didn't write them?

Type
    intp
    I don't think I've got anything to ask that hasn't already been asked in the last 2000+ years. I'd need a starting point, at least.

Banned
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by AntisocialENTP View Post
    ??
    Sorry, let me clarify. I'm an agnostic,but I hope people can do this respectfully. I've seen a lot of threads on reddit where people just basically throw tantrums while hanging on the word of white men who have issues with brown people (like Hitchens and Harris), as though it was some kind of gospel. The irony never ceases to amaze me. This was just my way of expressing my exasperation at that form of approach. I hope you did not get the wrong idea ,and think that I was making fun of you.

I like people like Dawkins, though, even if his anti-Harry Potter stance is a little goofy. He doesn't strict me as a cheerleader for the military-industrial complex, so that really helps. Just because someone is non-religious doesn't mean that I'm going to agree with everything they say. Really, any
    "critical thinker" should hold themselves to that standard for any worldview. I was kind of excited when the "atheism plus" movement started, and it's too bad it never amounted to much of anything, because I thought they were right on the mark.

Anyway, I've been posting a lot lately, so I really think I'll need to dial it back for a few days.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by AntisocialENTP View Post
    The remaining 10% I just don't have a clue however (I assume) that is less than the average atheist could claim. Who simply rejects what they don't know an as fantasy or delusions.
    You assume incorrectly. Atheists don't reject what we don't know as fantasy or delusions, we just reject what there is no evidence for as unlikely.

So while we don't know exactly how creation came to pass, since there is little evidence to support a supreme being, we consider that rather unlikely.

There's no evidence that any of the purported 'holy' books of humanity have been written by anything other than ordinary people so it's unlikely that any were divinely inspired.

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    1. Do you believe that the garden of eden with the talking snake, the global flood, etc, were literal?

2. How do you explain contradictions in the genealogies of Jesus? (are they inventions?)

3. How do you explain differences in the death/resurrection accounts in Mark vs Matthew?

4. Do you believe in demon possession?

Type
    INTP
    To me, the question of evolution (simple life turning into complex life over time by purely natural processes) is key. I'd suggest that if evolution did not happen then God almost certainly exists and if evolution did happen then God almost certainly does not exist.

Do you agree with this reasoning? What are your thoughts on the Theory of Evolution and the truth of Christianity in light of it?
    On the wrong side of history