Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analytical vs Intuitive thought process.

Type
    INXP

Analytical vs Intuitive thought process.

From INTJf:

http://www.labinthewild.org/studies/analytic_test/

Spoiler: My Results
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Type
    INTP
    I read "quickly as possible" and left. I like the ability to think. I don't care what I'm like without that ability.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Fairly similar to this.

Type
    INTP
    ...and I'd have to wonder how many seconds I'm allowed to think, and if I think I'm close to a firm answer I may have to just guess. I don't play that.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I read "quickly as possible" and left. I like the ability to think. I don't care what I'm like without that ability.
    I do not understand how you can hold this opinion when there are no wrong answers...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    I do not understand how you can hold this opinion when there are no wrong answers...
    I want it to give the correct result for me and I get the feeling I'll be labeled as something I'm not if I think about things less than I want.

Type
    INXP
    I want it to give the correct result for me and I get the feeling I'll be labeled as something I'm not if I think about things less than I want.
    The reason they don't want you to deliberate too much over it is precisely for that reason. Its trying to get at how you think on a subconscious level. All you really have to do is understand what they are asking and then make a judgement one way or another. You can take a little time to analyze, but they are trying to get at how you think on a subconscious level, hence why they don't want you to think about it on a conscious level.

But if this will help you take the test, this is what they look at:

Spoiler: don't open spoiler if you want to take the test the correct way

Type
    INTP
    OK, I didn't open the spoiler and took it. It went as I figured. I left the comment:

"I screwed up by grouping stamp and letter. If I thought about it for another two seconds I would have chosen postcard and letter. The restriction you put on time to think make me rush more than I usually do when I decide things of any relevance. Maybe it's my fault that I went so fast but how fast to answer is a single judgment call that could affect every answer."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Type
    INXP
    OK, I didn't open the spoiler and took it. It went as I figured. I left the comment:

"I screwed up by grouping stamp and letter. If I thought about it for another two seconds I would have chosen postcard and letter. The restriction you put on time to think make me rush more than I usually do when I decide things of any relevance. Maybe it's my fault that I went so fast but how fast to answer is a single judgment call that could affect every answer."
    I am surprised you actually took it! I wouldn't have, I am far too stubborn. I took the test a second time and some of my answers were different the second time around. I went at lightning speed this time and didn't think at all about it. This is how my answers compare:

Type
    INTP
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)