Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analytical vs Intuitive thought process.

Type
    INTP
    Strongly analytic. The red arrow was 3/4ths of the way over to the left.

*shrug*

It was all categorical questions. Perhaps twice I found anything ambiguous, otherwise everything was crystal clear rather immediately.

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Strongly analytic. The red arrow was 3/4ths of the way over to the left.

*shrug*

It was all categorical questions. Perhaps twice I found anything ambiguous, otherwise everything was crystal clear rather immediately.
    I would have answered the flower question based on the stem like you probably did if I had more time but I tried a quick glance based on the flower part and it was clear enough which group was closest so I went with it. That's not normally how I make decisions and I wasn't sure how long to think for this test. Sometimes on these online tests a question could take a long time which isn't permitted here so I went with a first impression. Comparing the flower part first is probably normal. Where to go from there depends on whether you feel you should take the time and there wasn't good enough guidance on how much time to take.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I would have answered the flower question based on the stem like you probably did if I had more time but I tried a quick glance based on the flower part and it was clear enough which group was closest so I went with it. That's not normally how I make decisions and I wasn't sure how long to think for this test. Sometimes on these online tests a question could take a long time which isn't permitted here so I went with a first impression. Comparing the flower part first is probably normal. Where to go from there depends on whether you feel you should take the time and there wasn't good enough guidance on how much time to take.
    Funny how differently people can view the same thing. I cannot for the life of me justify the curved stem answer. I just do not see it as a valid option just because it has a single thing in common.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Funny how differently people can view the same thing. I cannot for the life of me justify the curved stem answer. I just do not see it as a valid option just because it has a single thing in common.
    IDK now. Maybe I'd notice the absence of leaves on the stems makes the right picture closer in the stem category in addition to the pedal category. I think I stopped when I noticed the first thing that made one group closer. Maybe there chould be an "equal" option.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    IDK now. Maybe I'd notice the absence of leaves on the stems makes the right picture closer in the stem category in addition to the pedal category. I think I stopped when I noticed the first thing that made one group closer. Maybe there chould be an "equal" option.
    I think the idea behind the flower thing is looking at it in the perspective of a specific thing that is constant throughout or that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts when comparing how it is the same or not.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    I think the idea behind the flower thing is looking at it in the perspective of a specific thing that is constant throughout or that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts when comparing how it is the same or not.
    What's most noticeable and what's more important to you are two different things. If they told us what the differences and similarities were then we wouldn't have to race to absorb as many as we could in the short time we're guessing we're allowed and I'd be able to choose which is more important. I ended up choosing the first thing I noticed.

Type
    INTP
    What's most noticeable and what's more important to you are two different things. If they told us what the differences and similarities were then we wouldn't have to race to absorb as many as we could in the short time we're guessing we're allowed and I'd be able to choose which is more important. I ended up choosing the first thing I noticed.
    LOL, strange turn of events. TBH, I did not even notice the difference between the curved stem and the strait one until it was explained to me. That is how clueless I am.

Also, I pick the seagull and the sky every time since a dog is a mammal and seagull is a bird. Not to mention that a seagull is a specific kind of bird and a dog is just a dog. Not like that makes sense considering the other option is the sky, with is pretty much the opposite of specific.