Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Mirror Discussion (Spoilers)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    Thanks.

My impression was somewhat similar to yours above except I was also toying at the idea that perhaps when he was able to vent his frustrations and was offered a new routine and a comfortable life, he let go of his initial purpose and seized the moment. I based this off his speech when he compared Abi to a crushed "momentary" ideal. She was an object that ignited his sense of purpose (obviously he didn't have earlier on) rather than a breathing person who was drugged and abused while he's trying to earn his other 15M. I think what I find amiss is the sudden shift from a purposeful suicidal crusader to a sips-tea zero-fuck-given dude. But then again, this should be a no winner show. What am I thinking? xD
    I didn't get the impression that his tea sipping at the end was a "zero fucks given" moment. I got the impression it was a soothing ritual in the face of failure. He was still angry. If anything, he was even angrier than before.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i'm rewatching some episodes...

15 million merits-- it's the consumerist society we're living in taken to its logical conclusion, where experiences are becoming increasingly simulated. people are put to work every day powering something mysterious and unknown they've never experienced for themselves or know the benefits of. they're desperate to fight back against the dehumanizing effects of alienation, but in this world the tech revolution happens before the workers' one does. they're exhausted. the language of self-expression is primarily consumption. any sort of authenticity, beauty, or truth is acceptable if it has a place in the market.

it's fucking sad. this is the present. whether this is the future is up to humanity

WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    i'm rewatching some episodes...

15 million merits-- it's the consumerist society we're living in taken to its logical conclusion, where experiences are becoming increasingly simulated. people are put to work every day powering something mysterious and unknown they've never experienced for themselves or know the benefits of. they're desperate to fight back against the dehumanizing effects of alienation, but in this world the tech revolution happens before the workers' one does. they're exhausted. the language of self-expression is primarily consumption. any sort of authenticity, beauty, or truth is acceptable if it has a place in the market.

it's fucking sad. this is the present. whether this is the future is up to humanity
    All true. I loved that episode... what a shot to the pills!!

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by itch View Post
    All true. I loved that episode... what a shot to the pills!!
    it's definitely one of the better ones.

more notes-- i'm not sure how i feel about the "idiotic masses" trope. it's very cynical but there's an element of truth to that for sure.

also the "compliance" (?) drink being administered to everyone who has a chance at tasting the life of the upper classes, of entertainers and media producers. oh my fucking god, yeah.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    more notes-- i'm not sure how i feel about the "idiotic masses" trope. it's very cynical but there's an element of truth to that for sure.
    I thought it was pretty poignant... I mean, we just want to be spoon-fed the pablum and not reminded that we get back out just a fraction of what we put in (whether we put it all in or put nothing in). Everything that makes us smile has put a frown on or erased the face of someone else involved along the way to bringing it to us. We can push back only for so long and then it feels good to just join 'em and stop fighting it. Mo money mo pablum.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    who’s watching season 4???

i holy-shitted all throughout ep 2 (“arkangel”).

this might be the first BM season i binge despite the... heaviness. i love this show in case you don’t know this yet
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Didn't know it was out already. Will definitely watch.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    Didn't know it was out already. Will definitely watch.
    too bad i’m taking a forum (posting) break for new year’s. would love to discuss

watching ep3 tonight, seeing how far i can go.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    ep 3 & 4 were disappointments
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INXP
    Why did I think this thread was about Star Wars? I mean I know why, but Jesus, that's a weird leap.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'