Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: your clothing style...

Pan_Sonic_000

your clothing style...

What is your stylistic preference when dressing yourself? What items of clothing do you like to wear? Do you like accoutrements like tiny dogs that fit in your purse?

I've noticed almost all of my INTP friends (male, anyway) have a huge thing for quasi-ratty cardigans.

I'm minimalist to the point that I only have a few items of clothing at the moment. For years, I've been wearing these:

With jeans similar to these:

And shirts like these:

That's about it. No accoutrements - except for a black belt, maybe.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan_Sonic_000 View Post
    What is your stylistic preference when dressing yourself? What items of clothing do you like to wear? Do you like accoutrements like tiny dogs that fit in your purse?
    What I'd guess is typical ho-hum midwest casual for a nerd in his thirties. That means:

Summer = t-shirts and sport-shirts with jeans and/or board (or "sport") shorts, sandals and the like.
    Spring/Fall/Winter = t-shirts, hooded+zippered sweatshirts, and jeans, light running shoes.

T-shirts tend to be of the following varieties: metal/rock band shirts, graphic prints of nerd/retro appeal. All of dark blue, grey or black fabric.
    Hooded sweatshirts are usually plain, dark gray or black, and of a medium thickness fabric. A few have graphic prints (of rock/metal bands and/or nerd appeal, as with t-shirts).
    Jeans: always loose fit.

Beyond that? I carry a 4.5" folding knife with me at all practical times. That, and my PocketPC.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Tight jeans, black top, heels, no jewelry. Almost every fucking day.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Tight jeans, black top, heels, no jewelry. Almost every fucking day.
    Sounds about right. Switch out heels for boots, though. And giant watch + tiny necklace lately.

Work: pencil skirt, same jewelry, ballet flats or boots, plain top (black or grey, usually)

This is to say, really, that I care primarily about the lines of clothes and how things fall. Also about just going to do and be, not having to worry about how things match or what to do with myself in something. Patterns don't usually interest me. Contrasting colors do at times. If I had the money, I'd be in Helmut Lang, Marni, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and a few others. All dark colors, clean lines.

Type
    INTP
    T-shirts, either the bulk white ones or free ones from school events. A thin black thermal underneath if it's cold.

Dickies pants, grey or olive.

A pair of plain, black scuffed-as-hell oxfords or the motorcycle boots.

Frequently covered by my thick black leather jacket and, if it's rainy, another layer of waterproof pants and jacket.

Oh and my calculator watch. B|

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    today

top: black v neck
    bottom: raw denim
    feet: red keds

Type
    INTP
    Probably 90% of my wardrobe was gifted to me...so my style is more just making whatever it is that I'm wearing look good, lol.
    ...for the most part it's t-shirts and jeans though...and a semi-formal looking sports shoe... I like the ones that I got that came from Mark's Work Wearhouse...long enough and narrow enough. If I get a Large t-shirt, it covers my belly button and hugs my sides.
    I got a large t-shirt from Wal-Mart once, and it came down just to my belly button, and there was so much extra room sideways that I might as well have been wearing a cape, the way the wind howled up that thing...

Actually, working 60 hours a week, I probably wear my Carhart's and long-sleeve work gear more than anything else...but that's more for durability purposes than for style.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I wear the skins of vanquished foes... unless they're dirty.

Then I wear jean shorts and a t-shirt year round. If it's cold, I'll wear a hoodie.

Type
    INTP
    I'm mostly jeans [blue, although I have a pair of black and one of wine] and basic tops (t-shirts, double layers, etc.) I do like boots, but I'm tall as-is so I go with flats more than heels. (If I was shorter, I'd go for heels unless I planned to actually do a lot of walking.) I actually wear a sports bra a lot of time underneath to work, since it's comfortable.

I've gotten more varied in my clothing as I've gotten older, in the work place, but usually I want something that is comfortable + something that makes me a little unique in some way. Usually this is done with jewelry (I like dangly earrings + rings of various sorts). I do wear nice dresses 1-2x a week for meetings and stuff, but otherwise dress down. I usually like to have something simple but quirky somewhere on my person [for example, right now on my purse I have a "Goodbye Kitty" pin of a hello kitty about to be eaten by a shark]. The basic gist is that I don't like to attract a ton of attention, yet I do like to be a little unique and outside the box.

Outside work, it's pretty much always jeans/shorts and tshirts especially if I'm by myself.

I actually need to buy some new clothes, as my shoes are starting to fall apart and I think I've only bought one new top in two years or something.

Type
    INTP
    WTF do you mean stylistic?

Keep this in mind with a healthy grain of salt... I live my life at night.

I buy packages of basic t-shirts in every color I can find. I mostly find earth tones and black. I have 20 black pocket t shirts. 10 mild green, 5 deep green, 15, grey, etc, etc.

I wear old navy jeans because they fit my ass just right. Every 6 months I spend 50 bucks on two new pairs. Strait leg. No fucking around.

Old navy jeans flatter "squatters ass" which means having rounded glutes. Levi's assume you have no ass and to me that means "you're doing it wrong" whatever IT is.

In the summer I'm flippin and floppin around in my 5 dollar sandals and in the winter I cough up 60 bucks for some sketchers alley cats which look fucking sexy to the maintainers of titty whether you're just getting off work or going to a wedding.