Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from the actual Mercurial

Type
    INTP

Hi from the actual Mercurial

I don't know who the uneducated fool is that swiped my handle, but anything you see posted by 'mercurial' is not my doing.

Other than that, cheers. Good to see many people I have missed returned.

Type
    intp
    Why should we believe you?

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by M:> View Post
    I don't know who the uneducated fool is that swiped my handle, but anything you see posted by 'mercurial' is not my doing.

Other than that, cheers. Good to see many people I have missed returned.
    Good to see you too, Alleged True Mercurial! How can we know which of you is the true Mercurial? Does a rose by any other name not smell as sweet? If you are challenging the user named Mercurial for the honor of that username, I wonder if they would agree to a duel? We could set it up as a spectacle for the forum where the two of you compete in games of skill or trivia with the winnder being named The One True Mercurial. You know, or you could just ask him/her politely if they'd be willing to give your name back since they have not had it for that long by this point.

Or are you implying this might not be an honest mistake? They haven't been up to any mischief that I've noticed.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    From what I can tell, this M:> chap has, by calling the @mercurial here an "uneducated fool", effectively thrown down the gauntlet. Now they just need to select their seconds, and we have a match.

Type
    INTP
    Now this is interesting, feel free to have the capital M, or even /\/\ or xXxXmMmMmxXxX. The idea of a duel is rather romantic, as well, not that I have any interest in being romantic with you. I didn't swipe your handle nor did I know you from INTPc, but I was informed of your existence after I registered with this name. In honesty I'm not that attached to the name and you can have it if you are and can get an admin to agree to change it. Then again, the peasantry seems to be lusting after blood here.

Type
    INTP
    Look at that, the first duelist has fired aside on purpose.

Jk.

Mercurial, if you really do surrender the name, submit to the Staff Desk your desired new name.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    This is an outrage!

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Mercurial, you should have a contest to determine your new name!

(like erick/Delilah did that one time)
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    Intp
    Well, I feel a lot better. When the new M showed up I asked if it was you. They said they din't have that user name before. I was flummoxed by the whole thing really. At least I know now whot on earth happened. damn. Sorry you got your identity stolen. It takes so long for some types, mainly N types, to even develop one. Crap. Dilemma.
    Hey, maybe it's not legal.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    If someone had taken my name, I wouldn't have registered!
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao