Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Six Genies Arrive At Your Location...

Type
    INTP
    Having read the options, I'd either say, "fuck all of you, get lost". Or, if I am being coerced into playing their stupid game by either ranking wishes or opening boxes, I'd find the nearest and quickest way to kill myself, sparing me their bullshit and fucking over their little game.

Type
    INTP
    Spoiler: choices
    1. Luck
    2. power
    3. love
    4. wealth
    5. immortality
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    power, wealth, love, luck, immortality
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    what's meant by "the last wish they have granted" ? is that the last wish they granted to somebody who came to them for a wish? what does that even mean?
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Spoiler: list with reasoning
    A Love (Because the others get mundane fast without love in one's life)
    B Immortality (Because with 'forever' being the time you have to cast the die, you don't really need luck...plus, you have plenty of time to learn to cope with the downsides and contemplate better outlooks)
    C Wealth (Because you can influence circumstances to bring about positive conditions more easily with it)
    D Luck (Because if you can't do something on purpose, serendipity is a nice back-up)
    E Power (Last, because having power over people is the opposite of freedom...at least if we agree that with great power comes great responsibility. Power is a burden, mostly; Influence is better...at least to an ethical person)
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Having read the options, I'd either say, "fuck all of you, get lost". Or, if I am being coerced into playing their stupid game by either ranking wishes or opening boxes, I'd find the nearest and quickest way to kill myself, sparing me their bullshit and fucking over their little game.
    I could not have said this better myself.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    individual rankings

Spoiler: x
    love, luck, wealth, power, immortality

looking at this as a holistic scenario rather than as individual rankings, at first i thought

Spoiler: x
    love, immortality, luck, power, wealth

but really, there isn't a scenario where those last two aren't gonna bite you in the ass.

mine could go like this:

Spoiler: terrible
    + lots of love, i live with purpose, i'm never lonely, quality relationships
    + i often think to myself "if i had another lifetime i'd devote it to X." as a curious person motivated by knowledge & experience, it'd be amazing to have no time limits
    + luck is luck, not good or bad
    + i am cursed with excessive power and excessive responsibility. everyone and everything i love i'll have to be responsible for. life is never-ending anxiety, it's torture. i'll watch them all die
    + being poor makes it so i can't afford healthcare & other necessities/resources when everything/one i love is in pain and dying. god bless usa, long live capitalism, fuuuuuck

the optimist in me says:

Spoiler: awesome
    + lots of love, i live with purpose, i'm never lonely, quality relationships
    + i often think to myself "if i had another lifetime i'd devote it to X." as a curious person motivated by knowledge & experience, it'd be amazing to have no time limits
    + luck is luck, not good or bad
    + little to no power. it means i embrace that everything is temporary. it also means i'm a very passive person. maybe i'll counter this with some sort of spiritual practice lmaoo0o0o00.
    + I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. i'm free to live off the grid and make my way. i'll be an adventurer or a monk. with lots of love, this could be really amazing.

^ of course the optimist is being foolish cuz the last two HAVE to be bad, right?
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INFP
    Two decades of gaming has taught me genies are notorious pricks, time to turn the tables. I would tell them give me time to decide, and never make a choice allowing them to languish in my mortal hell awaiting my decision.

Suckers.

Type
    INTP
    Here are mine, with some reasoning

Spoiler: Wishes
    Wealth - opens the door for everything else
    Luck - a general purpose handy tool
    Immortality - this is a dangerous one, I would prefer immortality from everything but my own hand (so I could still suicide out), but whatever
    Love - don't want a mischievous genie to deny me
    Power - meh, don't care, and it should follow from wealth and luck anyways (but if I end up a powerless playboy I can cope)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Two decades of gaming has taught me genies are notorious pricks, time to turn the tables. I would tell them give me time to decide, and never make a choice allowing them to languish in my mortal hell awaiting my decision.

Suckers.
    You've inspired me to realize the obvious and best answer. You agree to the task, but, given how long this argument has been going on, surely the event deserves a little ceremony, right? So if you're going to do it, you want to make it like an awards show. You can make a video of the whole thing to post to Youtube so the world will know, but if you were to just give a list, it wouldn't stick. If it would have any gravitas. You need a little drama to sell the masses.

Have the genies all pile into the same bottle, and then, you'll call them out one by one and give their ranking, and receive their blessing, and you won't reveal your choices unless they agree. Obviously, any attempt on their part to coerce you is going to taint the results, so either they agree to these terms or never know the answer.

Once they're in the bottle, call out whichever one you want, tell them they come in second and then put a stopper in the bottle and promise to return when you've decided who to call next.