Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting Psychology/Sociology Articles

Type
    INTP
    OUR SOCIETY AND EDUCATION ANALYZED BY AUTOLOGIE LOGICAL MECHANICS.

Note/Update: I kind of realize the website is a bit of a "new age" self-help theme based on a transhumanist movement akin to L. Ron Hubbards Dianetics/Scientology, and I can't help but think of 'Auditing' when I read through the website. Incidentally I came across the website when someone requested to add me as a friend on Facebook, and I just randomly came across the feed in their page and reshared it; it turns out that they were the author of the website and offered to invite me to ask questions. If you hadn't noticed the website is written by someone who isn't a native English speaker and despite their intelligence, I'm not sure how serious I can take them (a lot of very intelligent people can be a bit atypical and have a preoccupation with an idea that compels them to the exclusion of how relevant it is to the people they are trying to identify the message with.) Sometimes their ideas can seem so abstract I suspect most anyone that comes across the subject must think they are mentally warped, if not eccentric.

Aside from that, I came across an INFJ that some might resonate with:

Playlist

Creepy: I like how she talks about loneliness and starts the video sort of perking her lips together. . . She even includes her email in her 'About Me' page, and her name is Olivia.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 05-29-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Cancerous autism in a can Eli Porter's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Edit:
    http://jasturm.blogspot.com/2014/06/...ny-selves.html

I like how the author terms different personality aspects as "states", baselining himself as "clear and calm". But says in this mood he lacks excitement. Interesting but meh. Clear and calm are a liability to my novelty seeking compulsion aka excitement heh. Offline life has/is a burden on my sensorial modalities. For example, socially I'm an idiot and any outputting which demands excessive superficial variances on my style stretch my limits for tolerating endlessly fluxuating models of conformism - or I'm overthinking it a little. Bolstering my anti-conformism (?) is I have debilitatingly sensitive hearing and a weirdy runaway imagination (benchmarked against world class acuity and creative, I'm aware it's sub-worthy of even mentioning but it's a problem). I'm a tard about transposing thoughts into words. Etc. I relate to John's transparency in being honest and must admit my disposition for whatever the heck state I am disposed to on here, well it's a kind of half survival dependent and half guilty protest in hedonistic form ... if I'm honest.

Whatta smexy somama...
    Last edited by Eli Porter; 06-01-2020 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Sig-worthy....

Type
    INTP
    People change their moral values to benefit themselves over others

Should people be skeptical of what might seem overtly considerate, if it serves a selfish agenda? Does a culture that promotes doing good for ultimately self-serving reasons hold altruism as it's locus, or rather a presentation of sympathy; sans empathy? Though clearly it's implied that people possess genuine empathy, I think of it a bit like how much easier it is for people to remember the positives and not the negatives, and overtime we prefer to think history was more benevolent than it is, and the crux of the question is does a society which relies upon subservience to tribalistic mindsets render through the illusion of authority a proxy of selective mutism? Does "Southern Hospitality" have a carry-over from gentrified elitism; where one person's loss of liberty becomes another one's sign of prosperity? Do inequitable class stratification and impartial bias towards eldritch practices of subservience to vicarious ego-fulfillment render an illusion of free-will if otherwise, it comes from an entitlement framework? It's been said by Native Americans that some of their languages don't possess a comparison of the word "Thank you" because hospitality is second-nature; that to express thank you implies it is a forced contract and not a way of life.

One could also argue that society needs to be reminded of tribulations as otherwise, without suffering, we fail to comprehend the meaning of needs and wants beyond ourselves; so people gradually replace compassion with a language that becomes little-more than a formality, and little substance behind the words. People become automatons that identify with an image that has foregone any true meaning.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Catoptric View Post
    (a lot of very intelligent people can be a bit atypical and have a preoccupation with an idea that compels them to the exclusion of how relevant it is to the people they are trying to identify the message with.)
    What's your take on autologie.org?

Creepy: I like how she talks about loneliness and starts the video sort of perking her lips together. . . She even includes her email in her 'About Me' page, and her name is Olivia.
    Hm, what to you does the value of her content provide?
    Sig-worthy....

Type
    xxxx
    eldritch practices
    What's that term mean?
    Sig-worthy....

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Porter View Post
    What's your take on autologie.org?
    It seems like a potentially misguided self-help akin to Tony Robbins, but gives off a cultish vibe like Scientology. I suspect the transhumanist mindset is Luciferian inspired.

You may want to read the articles posted from the drop-down menu.

Hm, what to you does the value of her content provide?
    She seems to have decent insight and stays focused on the intuitive analysis that many INTP and similar types should relate to.

What's that term mean?
    weird and sinister or ghostly.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 06-01-2020 at 09:38 PM.